GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
One thing that has personally disgusted me this series is the attacks by fans going both ways. Things said by Oiler and the Canucks fans have been disgusting.

I have always felt you cheer for your team vs against your opponents.

In sports, its never over until its over. The gloating and words on both sides is ridiculous. Neither team has won jack in recent history yet people talk like their team has the Cup won.

Kids going viral swearing? Really? This is the best we can do?

I kind of hope both teams get put on the sidelines just to deliver a dose of humility to moron fans.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Healthiest thing to do is not get fully attached to the outcome. For some of us (myself included) life is pretty f***ing hard right now, and this run has given us something to be happy about lately.

Just remember to enjoy it for what it is, cherish the amazing experience this has been, and take care of yourself. The team won't love you back.

Still taking solace in 2 facts:

1) They took the Oilers to war and went the full distance doing it. Edmonton had a lucky draw with LA and their fans thought this would be a cake walk. This team has heavily screwed up their cup ambitions.

2) Management did well to retool the roster. We are a few pieces away from being a contender. Really hoping a few prospects step up next year.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
One thing that has personally disgusted me this series is the attacks by fans going both boys. Things said by Oiler and and Canucks fans have been disgusting.

I have always felt you cheer for your team vs against your opponents.

In sports, its never over until its over. The gloating and words on both sides is ridiculous. Neither team has won jack in recent history yet people talk like their team has the Cup won.

Kids going viral swearing? Really? This is the best we can do?

I kind of hope both teams get put on the sidelines just to deliver a dose of humility to moron fans.
Canuck and Oiler twitter has been wild I just saw a video of the same thing but on the oiler end this time. The two fanbases can equally take it too far. But on that same token there have been just as many respectful fans on both sides too so that’s nice to see.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
In these circumstances, I would roll with:

PDG-Miller-Suter
Hoglander-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Garland-Lindholm-Joshua
Aman-Blueger-Podkolzin

And load up Pettersson-Miller-Lindholm on every OZ face-off.

And if the Hockey Gods almighty let them into the WCF—get Lekkerimaki, Raty, and Bains ready to play minutes. They may need them to play a role.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
poor brock our most improved player this year. mvp in the playoffs. no demko no brock hope the boys pull out a win for him. if not this season is considered a success. any chance abby guys come in? like sasson? load up the two lines

If there is a Canuck OT winner to be had, I’m calling Ian Cole. All that bad luck has to even out sometime!
or tyler myers

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Go out there and win it for Brock. Win it for Thatcher. Win it for yourselves. Prove everyone wrong. Show them they were wrong every step of the way. Win this one game and let fate decide the next wrong. Fate has nothing to do with tomorrow because everything is within your power to win.

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
The amount of canucks fans throwing the towel before the game has even been played... wow. Has this team not shown anything this playoffs, they're never out until the final whistle.
100%. Keep the faith. Great teams rally around challenges, especially if it's associated with one of their own teammates. I'm on that wagon until the wheels fall off, and we're not there yet. Let's go! 👊🏼👊🏼

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Remarkable season regardless of the result tomorrow - the team really came together and its been a great ride. I'd be lying if I said my expectations tomorrow weren't significantly lowered by the Boeser news. The guy has been through so much - I hope he recovers well and isn't too hard on himself, though that's easier said than done.

With Boeser out, tomorrow is where legends are made. It's up to Petey, Miller, Hughes, and honestly, the rest of the team to show up big. Exciting and nerve wracking fellas.

These are the games you wanna play in. If you've ever played any competitive sport or eSport, this is the anxiety induced adrenaline that forces you to keep pushing forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad