GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Damn, ignoring the issue of Brock missing a single game (no matter how important) I really wish him well on his longterm recovery and hope to see him back for us next season. Just seeing something like "blood clotting issue" is scary, this isn't just a knee strain or back spasms where you know the guy will be 100% after some time.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Brock out is a problem with very few of the other forwards providing much.

Not liking the odds now, they need some guys to step up.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
f*** man, what a complete bummer for Brock. He's completely turned around his game and was one of our MVPs in the entire playoffs.

I still think we can gut out a few more wins, and can win tomorrow if we get a few breaks, but going further than the WCF seems even more unlikely with Brock out for the rest of the season.

That all being said, I want us to kick Edmonton's ass tomorrow because beating this CUP OR BUST team with Brock and Demko out would just be glorious.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
On the other hand, this is an opportunity for legendary things.

Boeser is quite literally our playoffs mvp.
This f***ing sucks, bois would wish they ended it last game, now Edmonton has the advantage with both Demko and Boeser out.

I hope he recovers soon.

Regardless this team is still very capable of pulling out a win with our best forward and goalie out in this round.

I'm gonna dwell in the realm of optimism on this one. Strictly for the sake of my mental health.

ghostingtaro

Nov 2, 2013
i expect us to be packing our bags tomorrow with boeser out, going to keep my expectations low

if we do win tomorrow that would be fantastic too :)

FuzzyTitus

Dec 17, 2008
The good thing about this team is that Tocchet has trained all forwards to be defensively stout so the only thing is they need to be opportunistic on offensive chances. Which obviously is harder without Boeser. I think they come out flying tomorrow.

Also, didn't the news article say potentially out?

Reactions: Indiana

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Hard to believe I'm this despondant about Boeser being out for the playoffs after regularly criticizing his play down the stretch. He's completely turned it around and this explains his poor game last night.

This blows. Ugh. We legitimately have one of our best seasons on the line without one of our best forwards and our #1 goalie... and one of our star players is depressed again.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
The good thing about this team is that Tocchet has trained all forwards to be defensively stout so the only thing is they need to be opportunistic on offensive chances. Which obviously is harder without Boeser. I think they come out flying tomorrow.

Also, didn't the news article say potentially out?
Irfaan tweeted if they advance his status is unclear, but he’s for sure out for tomorrow’s game.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Yeah boys...if Boeser's out for the year, it's not our year.

Just enjoy this for what it's been and hope for the best.
Yep.

I still want to win tomorrow because we just have to beat the f***ing Oilers. But if we lose, at least it'll be sorta fun watching Tanev and the Stars destroy them in the next round.

Dallas-NYR SCF should be a good one.

Reactions: Indiana

FuzzyTitus

Dec 17, 2008

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240519_180059_theScore.jpg
    Screenshot_20240519_180059_theScore.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 2

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'm gonna dwell in the realm of optimism on this one. Strictly for the sake of my mental health.

Healthiest thing to do is not get fully attached to the outcome. For some of us (myself included) life is pretty f***ing hard right now, and this run has given us something to be happy about lately.

Just remember to enjoy it for what it is, cherish the amazing experience this has been, and take care of yourself. The team won't love you back.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
So here we are, game 7

Demko out, Boeser out. Looking grim. This is where losers fold and winners dig in and find a way.

The Oiler fans have been saying horrible things about Brock and his dad. Mark my words, karma will haunt them.

Be winners boys, dig in and be heros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad