GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
One team is supposed to be a contender for a Stanley Cup based off having 2 generational players in. The other was supposed to be a wildcard team with multiple years of roster construction ahead of them.

I applaud this team for taking it to 7 games but I think they are flaming out. I actually think it was the Nashville series that lead to the damage versus this series. It was the first "real" playoff journey for this team and I think they have shown very well. It's up to Allvin and JR to continue with the roster construction and see how to better improve the roster to withstand future playoff runs. This is very similar to 2009... we may need more depth on D and wings going forward but you can sense this team is on the cusp.

If they do lose Game 7. I hope they give Edmonton a serious bruising. Don't go down easy.

Last edited:

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
It’s my scheduled work out day on Monday, what do you guys think I should do

The plague is currently going around--call in dead for monday but say you should be well by Thursday
Potato Famine is also acceptable. But be sure to get a doctor's note.

Folks talking in other thread about Edmonton adjusting. This is the one thing coaches can do in a series, especially after a loss.
Very difficult for the winning team to adjust as they'd want to keep what works going and to do something radically different could be the wrong plan.
This team has had to come back from being down and you have to think we've been playing on borrowed time. That said, its also part of Tocc's rope a dope plan and it has worked because we have guys that don't quit, and more of them. Plus we have easily have the better goalies.

We adjust, they play the same plan with a few extra tricks. More scouting on Pickard and their defensive systems. Find out how McDavid etc. adjust to our shut down of him. Shut down Kane.

We were not supposed to get near this far but we have but just remember have faith in these team. they can do it. they have home ice, their rink, and last change. we have taught Dallas how to beat them but let's beat them ourselves first.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I actually have a really good feeling about this. The fact we got our asses handed to us last game should light a fire under our own asses.

All season has led up to this one moment. Time to show the world what we're made of.

This team has be resilient all year long. Never given up. Why should we expect them to now?

Go Canucks Go!

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong

My feelings for last game.

They better come out flying because last game was a disgrace. I don’t mind if they lose but at least show up.

Reactions: TruKnyte

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
I dont like the tone of some posts here.

Just go kick Crysaitils and McComplainers asses and go on to the WCF.
This! No guarantees you make it back this far. This is a tie for the fourth furthest our franchise has made it before.

Seize the day! You win this game, you go up against a battered Stars team followed by a Panthers/Rags team that likely grinds through an extremely physical series.

As others have pointed out this series is very much non momentum based. A good nights rest has me feeling more confident about Game 7

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just finished binging every goal we’ve scored this post season. Not including replays, that’s about 12 minutes worth of goals. :laugh:

This group has character and resilience. I believe they’ll come out ready to play and punch their ticket to the 3rd round.

They fought all year for home ice advantage, and now they’ve got it. And coming off one of their worst games of the season, with their season on the line, in front of the home fans, I believe they’re gonna do it.

Watch the interview with Miller and Boeser - this is a close group that’s like a family and plays for each other. It’s next man up, and it’s crunch time.

I believe they’ll do it. It’s gonna be a long wait until puck drop, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad