GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Good decision to turn this one off lol.

I still think we win on Monday but I kinda don't care anymore. Will probably just have it on in the background while doing something else.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I had a nap. I just had a short dream that the Canucks came back from a 2-4 deficit to tie it in the final second of the 3rd period.

Was a 3 on 2 rush with Hughes leading the way. Shoots it into the pad of Skinner from the goalie line and Petey taps it in for the rebound. Odd...

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Zero passion or energy. Down in the game 5-1 might as well try and get some emotion going before heading back home

But nothing. No forecheck. Minimal backcheck. No push back. No hits

Reactions: Bubbles

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Zadorov behind the net, checked hard. He backhands it to Cole because he thinks that's his only out except Cole has to come all the way back from the half boards. It stays in the zone. This is a broken record, teams have shown consistently that they won't naturally adjust to forecheck with more puck support. That's literally how Boston keeps losing to Florida recently, and basically how everyone has lost to them until Vegas did 5 man puck support against them in the Cup final. Go back and look up my GDT posts from that time.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Agree to disagree. Not sure what you are looking at, I don't see any signs of what you're describing.

Take a look at the first 2 passes in the DZone in game 5. Almost on a consistent basis, the dman finds the forward and the forward finds the support. Here, the Dman struggles to get to the puck, turn, and find an option... Even if he does, the forward is closed on early because he didn't get the puck earlier. He fails to create separation. All of this is with the Canucks forwards running interference.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Take a look at the first 2 passes in the DZone in game 5. Almost on a consistent basis, the dman finds the forward and the forward finds the support. Here, the Dman struggles to get to the puck, turn, and find an option... Even if he does, the forward is closed on early because he didn't get the puck earlier. He fails to create separation. All of this is with the Canucks forwards running interference.
This isn't Game 5.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Hopefully Tocchet is gonna be making this the most uncomfortable flight home and laying into them. Rip the entire team new ones after this effort in a game where they could have advanced.

Reactions: PavelBure10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad