GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Captain Quin looks tired as heck tonight. Get this f***er some orange slices at the intermission and let's ride.

a4922939-3ef3-480e-9772-8b553c74400a_text.gif

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Embarrassing. Who woulda thought the terrible power play down the stretch wouldn’t just magically become better. This team is pissing away wins with this awful powerplay. They really need to invest in a good powerplay coach this off-season

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That might've been the worst period we've played in the entire playoffs. With a chance to eliminate a team I can't even fathom that kind of effort.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Canucks have been awful since game 4.

Nobody ever wants to hear it when we win a game but we were not good in game 5, the Oilers were just horrendous which made us look good.

Similarly, I heard a lot about how good of a game Miller had but in reality he continued to be ass outside of the goal (albeit massive) and he's been ass in this game as well.

You can talk about some of the calls by the refs but this is yet another piss poor effort.

Silver lining is that the Oilers are not very good themselves and the Canucks have shown the resilience to come back in games. It's not over but it does not look promising so far.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Because the Oilers are cheating on Pettersson like every team we play but can’t seem to come up with a counter.
They’re cheating on Pettersson because they don’t respect Hughes’ shot. Pettersson and Hughes had to switch spots there

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Oh well hopefully they come out strong and score early on the PP, tie the game late and win in OT to rip their hearts out

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
This team has completely abandoned the bumper play on the PP. They aren’t even presenting any downlow play as an option. And it’s allowing teams to overindex defense on shots from outside the face off circle.

Reactions: DS7

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Sad thing is the Oilers aren’t even bringing it today. Canucks have just been that bad
Fr. Oilers really don't look all that good, and if we played like we did previously, we would be the one that is up 3-1 here. Sucks since we can use the rest as the Stars are.

Reactions: 3rd Sedin

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Weirdly I feel confident trailing in the 3rd against this Oilers team.

But man what a shit period.
Edmonton’s looked tighter and less prone to breakdowns today so im not sure about that.

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Canucks have been awful since game 4.

Nobody ever wants to hear it when we win a game but we were not good in game 5, the Oilers were just horrendous which made us look good.

Similarly, I heard a lot about how good of a game Miller had but in reality he continued to be ass outside of the goal (albeit massive) and he's been ass in this game as well.

That play has continued on in this game.

You can talk about some of the calls by the refs but this is yet another piss poor effort.

Silver lining is that the Oilers are not very good themselves and the Canucks have shown the resilience to come back in games. It's not over but it does not look promising so far.
What? The Canucks were easily the better team in Game 5, they just aren't carrying it through to this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad