GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Reminiscing about the last time this team was beyond the first round with fans in the buildings (2011). My oldest was only 18 months old, my youngest wasn’t born yet. My Grandparents were still around and I cherish the memories of watching some of those games with them.

Hard to believe it’s been 13 years. Would love to experience a deep run with my boys now that they’d old enough to understand it - and with my folks as well.

Hoping we have a bit more magic in the tank tonight. Big game time.

I had finally finished college after many long years fighting depression. Got a job with a Japanese company and was preparing my move to Japan. My friends and I started moving out of the shared house we rented. 2011 was the absolute peak until the end of game 7.

No wife, kids, grandparents healthy and alive, dogs alive, and no mortgage. It's been an entire lifetime.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I had finally finished college after many long years fighting depression. Got a job with a Japanese company and was preparing my move to Japan. My friends and I started moving out of the shared house we rented. 2011 was the absolute peak until the end of game 7.

No wife, kids, grandparents healthy and alive, dogs alive, and no mortgage. It's been an entire lifetime.

Getting older sucks.

Reactions: afrocentric

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
The book on Skinner.

8bcfeb659f6e7ca9aaff9d2f413c5331.gif

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Getting older sucks.

Yes but also, no. There is no greater joy in the world than guiding my two kids through it. Facing challenges with them and giving them the tools to become their own people. People come and go from my life but my children will always be there and I wouldn't trade my youth or a different moment in time for anything. I love what I have now and am thrilled to share this game with them tonight.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I feel very good, very very good about Skinner starting, especially if the team that played last game is the one that shows up tonight.

Also even if Demko was healthy yesterday I'd probably still run Silovs at least until he had a bad game.

Yes but also, no. There is no greater joy in the world than guiding my two kids through it. Facing challenges with them and giving them the tools to become their own people. People come and go from my life but my children will always be there and I wouldn't trade my youth or a different moment in time for anything. I love what I have now and am thrilled to share this game with them tonight.

Can't like this post enough.

I'm a little older then I planned but my wife and I have one on the way (very early) and I've been over analyzing every bit of it. Reading that gets me excited about what's to come.

NetMapel

May 27, 2014
Let Silovs help us win this game 6. We can talk about Demko if we are able to move on to the next round. While we have the momentum from a good win from last game, momentum is a fickle thing and can change in a moment’s notice. This series is not over until it is over.

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
Skinner starting is a bizarre decision

It's not like Pickard hasn't given them a chance to win in every game

Reactions: I am toxic

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Getting older sucks.
It took a few years to get used to losing my working identity and several years after that to stop taking on too many outside duties, but now being in my eighth decade definitely doesn't suck. It is like being a big kid-little in the way of responsibilities and able to go out and play and just have fun most of the time.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Pickard was really good, skinner starting is a hail mary to make him viable

For the Oilers it's a no-brainer, if they are to get anywhere they need to get Skinner on track. If they lose, they're looking for a new goalie in the summer, probably.

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Can't like this post enough.

I'm a little older then I planned but my wife and I have one on the way (very early) and I've been over analyzing every bit of it. Reading that gets me excited about what's to come.

It's an ever evolving challenge that changes everything in both your lives. For good, bad, and just different. Everyone's journey through parenthood is unique. Congrats! Feel free to reach out anytime, if you want.

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
Welcome! We use to have a backwords named Canucks fan who irrationally hated the Blues until they won the cup. Not sure what happend to that guy...

That's a rather strange hill to be on, but no one ever said sports fandom was rational.

Now that we have our Cup, and we're not in the playoff picture, I'm always rooting for the oldest Stanley Cup virgin (though, at your age, you may want some lubrication).

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Back in 2011, two and a half years old, long before she gave it all up to become a ballerina. Big brother was a goalie, and whatever he did, she wanted to do. You can't see it, but there is a Luongo jersey underneath the jacket:

1716052560318.png

I know what you are thinking - the glove position is a little high.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
They're extremely banged up. Only half joking, the list of Oilers players "dealing with an injury" is now longer than the healthy list.

Or they just don't care. McDavid and Draisaitl probably have some commercials to shoot next week. When you're TV stars, why play hockey for free?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
For the Oilers it's a no-brainer, if they are to get anywhere they need to get Skinner on track. If they lose, they're looking for a new goalie in the summer, probably.

They are so screwed. Skinner is on a good contract but they have the Campbell albatross parked in the AHL. Also the Brown carry-over bonuses. It’s possible they have, effectively, 10m in dead cap space on the books for next season.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Icetime for each teams best players (rounded; total minutes in brackets)

McDavid: 24, 28, 30, 23, 23 (128)

Draisatl: 17, 27, 29, 21, 23 (117)

Bouchard 26, 30, 31, 24, 26 (137)

———

Hughes: 26, 27, 21, 25, 25 (124)

JT Miller: 23, 22, 22, 19, 22 (108)

We are already doing a good job of it, but I’d really stress the importance of punishing Bouchard when the opportunity is there. That is a tonne of Icetime he’s already seen.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I'm still on the Vancouver bandwagon. If they win tonight I might buy a jersey (or at least a t-shirt till I have more money. :laugh:)

None of that bs where Skinner comes in and looks like Hasek for a game. Boeser and Miller will crush him. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad