GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Seems more and more likely Skinner will start

Why? Pickard actually played quite well last game.

Scratch Cole. Play Demko as a defenseman. If Silovs implodes, he can quickly change and go in net.

Is that even allowed? 🤔
Put Demko on D in oversized players gear and just have him stand beside Silovs all game.

Reactions: I am toxic

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
how will the last change by oilers affect Toch strategy ? They’ll be wanting to take advantage of mismatches so anyone guess lineup changes for us tonight ?

Also surprised about Skinner

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If the Oilers have any hope of competing this year it has to be with Skinner. Pickard has been good but he will get exposed and his ceiling is quite low. Despite what we’ve seen from Skinner, he can be very good. So might as well start to tonight because you have to go with him at some time anyway.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Why? Pickard actually played quite well last game.
He did, but he looked very shaky doing it. Soucy goal was weak, and on a few occasions the guy was flopping around wildly in his net.

One made me laugh, it was the Miller shot on the powerplay that went over the net and out of the play, Pickard basically threw himself at the shot, basically if JT faked the shot, he'd have an empty net to shoot at because of how much Pickard over committed.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

As far as I can tell, the Oilers didn't practice yesterday and didn't practice today. I have no idea what to make of that. I know when the Canucks have an optional skate after a loss, every player attends unless injured.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

As far as I can tell, the Oilers didn't practice yesterday and didn't practice today. I have no idea what to make of that. I know when the Canucks have an optional skate after a loss, every player attends unless injured.

They're extremely banged up. Only half joking, the list of Oilers players "dealing with an injury" is now longer than the healthy list.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Canucks don't need to win tonight, they just need to compete, hammer Drai and McBaby, and force up their minutes

The fix will be in for the oil, if you thought the reffing in Denver was bad last night . . .

tumblr_lu3hkq9qdZ1qakh43o1_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Killer Orcas

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yep. And finished 2 points up on Colorado and only 4 points behind Dallas. We would be underdogs for sure against either team but a healthy Demko playing well could make for a great series.

Demko is the wildcard there. If he comes back at full force, Canucks can hang with any team in the league. If he gets hurt again, you know Silovs is capable of stepping in.

Silovs has done an incredible job getting us to this point, but eventually he's going to turn back into a pumpkin.

Reactions: TruGr1t

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Reminiscing about the last time this team was beyond the first round with fans in the buildings (2011). My oldest was only 18 months old, my youngest wasn’t born yet. My Grandparents were still around and I cherish the memories of watching some of those games with them.

Hard to believe it’s been 13 years. Would love to experience a deep run with my boys now that they’d old enough to understand it - and with my folks as well.

Hoping we have a bit more magic in the tank tonight. Big game time.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Skinner confirmed to be starting tonight.
Brock Boeser just went from 6 to midnight.

Reminiscing about the last time this team was beyond the first round with fans in the buildings (2011). My oldest was only 18 months old, my youngest wasn’t born yet. My Grandparents were still around and I cherish the memories of watching some of those games with them.

Hard to believe it’s been 13 years. Would love to experience a deep run with my boys now that they’d old enough to understand it - and with my folks as well.

Hoping we have a bit more magic in the tank tonight. Big game time.

I was 21 and in college, that was the greatest summer of my entire life. Once in a lifetime experience.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Demko is the wildcard there. If he comes back at full force, Canucks can hang with any team in the league.

Silovs has done an incredible job getting us to this point, but eventually he's going to turn back into a pumpkin.
Not sure where this narrative is coming from Silovs hasn’t turned into a pumpkin since he was put in, even in the regular season he played great with those minimal games. In fact he’s looked more confident in each game he’s played. That game he chased the puck and got there before Kane showed how confident he really is.

Nonetheless this is a great problem to have though two really good goalies unlike the other end with what the Oilers are dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad