GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Campbell in net!
Drance speculates Skinner is not 100% based off some stuff he saw in practice

And Pickard was falling over on lateral movements and couldn’t control his rebounds yesterday.

I know you’re joking and it’ll never happen but uh, what they’re getting outside of an untested average game four performance continues to be bad.

it is somewhat crazy to me that we have played five games and they haven’t had their goalie outperform hours and a single game yet. In game one, they were both bad, but I think you’d say that skinner was worse because he choked the third period.

against a guy whos months removed from losing his starting role to Tolopilo!!!!

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
The narrative is because the Canucks have a bunch of Americans, which don't match up to the gritty, gnarly, picking scabs off the legs so it'll bleed Canadians like the Oilers do. Those stupid memes and media grumping about how having a team full of Canadians is the one you should cheer for is f***ing nauseating.

American hockey players are as just as gritty and worthy than Canadians as well. So that stupid narrative is f***ing lunacy, to the old angry Canadian media.
Somebody on facebook said it was cringey that we chanted JT millers name because he’s American.

Nationalism is cringier but that’s just me

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
For last night anyway, I didnt have to switch to Canucks radio and was happy listening to the American coverage. It was great with Olcsyk on the game and the studio crew very complementary of the Canucks. Compared to prior ESPN games with the Nashville series and the idiot women color commentator. She was getting players names wrong and watching a different game than I was with her horrible takes. I switched to Canucks radio and adjusted the TV playback to match and turn her sorry azz off. Hopefully she won't be on anymore Canucks games, or any games for that matter. Whoever she was should be fired.
That was probably Leah Hextall. She is maybe the worst announcer in all of hockey. Another example of her announcing:

• Haha
Reactions: Chrysalis99

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Forgive me if this has been asked I haven’t been able to stay current with the discussion today because I’m stuck at work but I just noticed that Kelly Sutherland is doing the Panthers-Bruins game tonight. Does that keep him out of the running for doing our game tomorrow?

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
The one change I’d be thinking hard about is subbing out Cole for either Juulsen or Friedman.
Friedman please. I do not trust Juulsen. Those hits he goes for are decisions and choices he makes on the ice. That’s not “unfortunate reads” or “mistakes” that some fans have been saying.

But I’d probably just keep Cole in the lineup.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
My prediction is that the Canucks will win Saturday night, then lose the opening game of the conference final, both with Silovs.

Demko will come in for game two and take the Canucks to Lord Stanley's mug.
I predict we will be smooching by R2G6

Friedman please. I do not trust Juulsen. Those hits he goes for are decisions and choices he makes on the ice. That’s not “unfortunate reads” or “mistakes” that some fans have been saying.

Friedman has hardly played NHL hockey in like 6 months though. I love the guy but that may be tough to jump into Game 6 of Round 2 like that.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Somebody on facebook said it was cringey that we chanted JT millers name because he’s American.

Nationalism is cringier but that’s just me

It is, if the Leafs can cheer for Auston Matthews, whom by the way is a full blooded American, that's perfectly fine for them.

It's like asking any Canadian to stop cheering for their favourite NFL team because they have a crap load of American players, good grief.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Forgive me if this has been asked I haven’t been able to stay current with the discussion today because I’m stuck at work but I just noticed that Kelly Sutherland is doing the Panthers-Bruins game tonight. Does that keep him out of the running for doing our game tomorrow?

Normally, yes.
But mathematically, I would prefer if the Bruins - Panthers game go into an absurd 20 over times.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Avs with Georgiev's goaltending and them losing Nuke weakens their roster.
Dallas, just an overall rock solid team in every phase of the roster.

Dallas just doesn't have the McDavid or MacKinnon effect, though. They are more solid, obviously, in terms of depth. I think whoever makes it is losing to the Rangers anyway, though. They literally have it all. I'm not sure I even want a 1994 repeat.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
About the only way the Canucks close this one out is if Silovs is their best player....and at the other end, either Pickard or Skinner reverts to form.

Oilers will come out of the chute like a raging bull.....the last thing they'd ever want is to be eliminated on home ice in two consecutive seasons. Shaking hands on home ice with the visitors after another series loss, is a double whammy.

You know the the Canucks will likely be out-shot and out-chanced, but if the hang around sooner or later the goalie will crack. But if they try to play 'rope-a-dope' again, we're back to Rogers Arena for Seventh Heaven.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Like what's the difference between a decision, a choice, an unfortunate read, or a mistake. They're literally all describing the same thing.

Too much hyper focus on one mistake. I get it, it's big and obvious (although I have heard some pundits question where the forwards' back checking was).

Other than that play, Juulsen played very solid. Freidman wasn't even getting regular season games, no way Tocchet puts him in now. It's either Juulsen and his 1 big mistake, or Cole whose been responsible for goals against every game.

Give Cole a game off then reconsider if there's a game 7.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Dallas just doesn't have the McDavid or MacKinnon effect, though. They are more solid, obviously, in terms of depth. I think whoever makes it is losing to the Rangers anyway, though. They literally have it all. I'm not sure I even want a 1994 repeat.

Rangers have had the easiest path to the conference finals so far. Caps are not a playoff quality team and the Hurricanes lost mainly due to their goaltending. Neither team did much to physically challenge them.

We'll see what happens when they play Florida.

At this point I'd take the Avs over the Stars because I'm getting more confident that the JT Miller line can go head to head with anyone but the Stars depth could annihilate our other lines.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Like what's the difference between a decision, a choice, an unfortunate read, or a mistake. They're literally all describing the same thing.

Too much hyper focus on one mistake. I get it, it's big and obvious (although I have heard some pundits question where the forwards' back checking was).

Other than that play, Juulsen played very solid. Freidman wasn't even getting regular season games, no way Tocchet puts him in now. It's either Juulsen and his 1 big mistake, or Cole whose been responsible for goals against every game.

Give Cole a game off then reconsider if there's a game 7.
Juulsen has a tendency to consistently put himself out of position in pursuit of a big hit, which directly leads to odd-man rushes and often results in goals against. He has displayed this behavior in numerous significant games against top teams since the regular season.

It is likely that the coaching staff has reviewed video and advised him that this play does not benefit the team. Yet, he continues to pursue big hits that put himself out of position in a playoff game. This is not a case of a player making an isolated error under pressure, like shooting the puck over the glass causing a penalty.

Juulsen repeatedly chases hits, abandoning his defensive partner and leaving the goalie vulnerable. This behavior suggests he prioritizes his own objectives over the team's success.

This is what Tocchet has been addressing throughout the playoffs.

Reactions: MS

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I know it was posted in a tweet, but here’s a YouTube version of it as well. Can the team do it for his spaghetti please.

Could have quoted any of these being posted but just want to point out as Eddie Lack would say... Spaghetti is for winners.

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
Man I wish people would stfu with the cup talk/mentions. One game at a time. The Oilers are still incredibly dangerous, and I fully expect that McDrai is going to be shot out of a cannon in game 6. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and look idiotic.

I hope we roll with the exact line up and approach next game. Keep grinding. Finish checks. JT f***in' Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad