GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Personally not going to fall for it. They were saying the same thing about Draisaitl and he still burned us. I'm sure they are probably 'banged up' but it's not going to effect his game too much, IMO.

Team needs to be ready for GM6.

Oilers lose? Team was hurt, it's not a set back.
Oilers win? OMG MCJESUS DOING IT DISPITE 5 BROKEN LEGS.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Game 5 recap

Attachments

• 8qff46.gif
    8qff46.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
didn't they lose to vegas last time "they were in this situation"

Yup 3-3-3 when facing elimination in the McDavid Era and have won 1 of those 6 series. 2 of those wins were against LA and that was the series they won. Lol that Oilers coming back is some kind of precedent.

overboard

Oct 1, 2020
Vancouver
The media treatment of this team has been downright disgraceful.

Everyone loves underdogs and David v Goliath situations. The rags-to-riches rise of the Canucks this season and the Silovs saviour stories literally write themselves. In any sane unbiased media environment, reporters should be falling over themselves to praise this team's story arc. It's just great emotion-based reporting - full stop.

Instead, it's a firehose of how "unlucky" Edmonton has been and how Vancouver has gotten "errant bounces".

CBC especially - as a supposedly national broadcaster - has been transparently tilted.

I get that McJesus and several other high-profile Oilers are Canadian and we have almost none on our squad, but this is about fanbases more than it is about players. They seem to forget that.

So, yeah. As horrifyingly bad as the reffing has been, this media bullshit is almost worse for me.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC

Everyone loves underdogs and David v Goliath situations. The rags-to-riches rise of the Canucks this season and the Silovs saviour stories literally write themselves. In any sane unbiased media environment, reporters should be falling over themselves to praise this team's story arc. It's just great emotion-based reporting - full stop.

Instead, it's a firehose of how "unlucky" Edmonton has been and how Vancouver has gotten "errant bounces".

CBC especially - as a supposedly national broadcaster - has been transparently tilted.

I get that McJesus and several other high-profile Oilers are Canadian and we have almost none on our squad, but this is about fanbases more than it is about players. They seem to forget that.

So, yeah. As horrifyingly bad as the reffing has been, this media bullshit is almost worse for me.
Meh after 2011. I don't want the media covering this team at all. It comes with unneeded baggage.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

The narrative is because the Canucks have a bunch of Americans, which don't match up to the gritty, gnarly, picking scabs off the legs so it'll bleed Canadians like the Oilers do. Those stupid memes and media grumping about how having a team full of Canadians is the one you should cheer for is f***ing nauseating.

American hockey players are as just as gritty and worthy than Canadians as well. So that stupid narrative is f***ing lunacy, to the old angry Canadian media.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Here’s an interesting take;

Media/fans say teams have been there before in the playoffs and lost have gained valuable experience and as a result makes them more likely to win and have success.

My devils advocate, our team has barely played any post season hockey in the last decade, therefore, our team is fresh and destined for a long run. Florida, Tampa, Vegas, Oilers, Avs, Stars have all been there, played lots of hockey and are burned out.

Yay or nay? 😂

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
The narrative is because the Canucks have a bunch of Americans, which don't match up to the gritty, gnarly, picking scabs off the legs so it'll bleed Canadians like the Oilers do. Those stupid memes and media grumping about how having a team full of Canadians is the one you should cheer for is f***ing nauseating.

American hockey players are as just as gritty and worthy than Canadians as well. So that stupid narrative is f***ing lunacy, to the old angry Canadian media.

Same with Europeans. It's going to take a long to get rid of these Don Cherryisms

Reactions: M2Beezy

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
The way Miller neutralized McDavid reminds me on how Kesler neutralized McDavid in 2017. Let's hope Miller succeeds the same way to end it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad