GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Oilers came out fairly strong but Canucks seemed to find their legs in the second half of the first and carried it through the game. Felt a little like the reverse of game 4 where the Oilers were just the better team through most of it. I expect a much better effort from the Oil in game 6 though. Not often you’re going to get that type of game from McDavid and the Oilers PP

Pickard played fine. But Vanc GWG was a lucky bounce off someone's skate in front of the net and JT buried the rebound.

Pretty sure it was off the inside of the post

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Oilers came out fairly strong but Canucks seemed to find their legs in the second half of the first and carried it through the game. Felt a little like the reverse of game 4 where the Oilers were just the better team through most of it. I expect a much better effort from the Oil in game 6 though. Not often you’re going to get that type of game from McDavid and the Oilers PP

Pretty sure it was off the inside of the post
Maybe. Probably. But honestly those guys looked tired, and maybe hurt. They've been playing tons and also getting smashed at every opportunity from the Canucks. I think they are wearing down.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think the Canucks heavy hitting advantage this whole series is starting to take a toll along with the ridiculous minutes played by the Oiler stars.
The Oilers really didn’t have much going even with all of the power players.
Pickard really kept his team in the game.
Silov was steady but the Canucks really limited the Oilers chances.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think the Canucks heavy hitting advantage this whole series is starting to take a toll along with the ridiculous minutes played by the Oiler stars.
The Oilers really didn’t have much going even with all of the power players.
Pickard really kept his team in the game.
Silov was steady but the Canucks really limited the Oilers chances.
This stood out to me tonight. I know there were a lot of PPs, but it's kind of ridiculous that the Oilers overplay their top guys as much as they do. 5 of their 12 forwards played under 10 minutes tonight.

The Oilers are masters at sabotaging their own depth.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
At this risk of being too captain obvious if Van can stay out of the box this series is theirs. Oilers top line especially is really bad at defending something they have to do when not on the PP.

Everyone is blowing the powerplay out of proportion. There hasn't been a single game yet where the powerplay was the sole reason a team has won or lost. Games 2 & 3 each teams PP's were dead even, and outside of that there's been a whopping 2 more special teams goals in the series.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
At this risk of being too captain obvious if Van can stay out of the box this series is theirs. Oilers top line especially is really bad at defending something they have to do when not on the PP.
Sure but the pressure the Oilers can apply leads teams to take penalties.

Awesome round by the Canucks and should be a great game 6.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
no matter what happens in this series, the Canucks are 8-2 vs the oiled this season. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad