GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
It was when I saw this before the series started that I realized just how bad I wanted the Canucks to beat thee Oilers. :laugh:
ESPN had a higher winning % pick for Oilers over Canucks than over Kings!

Consensus prediction: Oilers (23 of 26 picks)

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Did you just reply to yourself?

1000004727.gif

Reactions: notsocommonsense

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
They got goaltending, they got their precious PP's and they still got dummied.

my favourite part of the game is there was a faceoff in vancouver’s zone with less than a minute left so edmonton loads up the big line. draisaitl and mcdavid with hyman.

they get scored on by jt miller from lindholm and pettersson, ie us loading up all three centers to counter

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I'd like the NHL to have one of their officiating guys come out with an official explanation. I truly don't think anyone on either team on these boards knows the rule well enough to confidently state that they got it right or wrong. It is something you do not see often though. Reverse hits happen all the time, but I don't think I've seen someone leave their feet before the hit.
Agree with the bolded, though I've seen the reverse hit with elevation before (and from Petey himself) and I've never seen it called. And judging by what's written in the rulebook, it's clear that distance travelled is a key point about the charging penalty.

From what I've understood regarding charging from my own minor hockey days and 20+ years of watching hockey, it's always been meant to prevent guys from skating fast into hits, and I think anyone can agree that taking 3+ strides to hit a guy is a normal definition of charging. I've never in my life seen someone called for charging having travelled 0 metres.

Reactions: Nopefully and MS

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If McDavid didn't keep diving this series would probably be over by now. That's why he does it and full credit 97 is an expert and going down and not making it too obvious.
I expected McD to go full-on mercenary and score like a madman. My expectations were obviously extremely high.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad