GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skate2Stick

Oct 12, 2013
Nope. Here’s the rule. Distance travelled is part of a charge.
Here's the language: 42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner. Charging shall mean the actions of any player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner.
Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Things I've noticed from both sides:
1. Complaining about the refs.
2. Complaining about Craig Simpson, oiler fans says Craig is sucking up to the Canucks. Canucks fans says ex oiler talking up the oilers.
3. Complaining about the other fan base and waiting to trash each other.

Does all this hockey even matter? Guys on the ice putting on a show making millions while every idiot pays to go in to yell. I bet you the players don't even care as much as the fans do. Look at some of those players, they have played for other teams. 75% of the Canucks aren't Canadians. It is a job to them while the fans act like idiots.
Actually we only have three Canadians in the lineup most nights. Was down to two when Phil Di Giuseppe was out.

emmjayb

Jan 4, 2004
Rule 42.1: Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, JUMPS INTO, or charges an opponent in ANY manor.

Jumping into contact coming at you is jumping into contact in any manner.
So, by this interpretation:

A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who SKATES, jumps into, or charges an opponent in ANY manner.

Skating into an opponent is any manner is a penalty... who knew!!

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
The fact is, most hits in the playoffs could be called a charge, or boarding, or roughing etc. if the refs really wanted to find a penalty in the rulebook that might be applicable. To give a penalty to Petey for charging there, in a playoff game, was just a bizarre call. The CBC broadcast crew of Chris Cuthbert and Craig Simpson, both of whom have been either playing professional hockey or commentating nhl games since the early 80s, were confused by it.

Yeah that was really bizarre, Pettersson just braced himself expecting to get hit as soon as he passed the puck, the player checking fell after contact and the ref called a charging penalty on a lanky 170 pound player lmao.

Reactions: D0ctorCool

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
The charging penalty might be the worst penalty ever. Call it elbowing or interference but charging is a joke by professional refs.

Oiler fans complaining about the Refs are interesting. Canucks deserved it. I think this is the best series of the playoffs so far. Insane game 1 come back. 2 last minute game winning goals. An OT game. Both teams playing their 3rd string goalies. Just insane

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
1715924669771.png

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Good game Oilers fans! Was exciting as f***, def did not like having a tied game with all the opportunities van had, felt like the type of game where other side woulda got the goal. I'll take it nevertheless.

Been an amazing back and forth series, I expect game 6 to be the same. Will have a couple days to review all the stuff and enjoy this one. See you guys in a couple days.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Yeah that was really bizarre, Pettersson just braced himself expecting to get hit as soon as he passed the puck, the player checking fell after contact and the ref called a charging penalty on a lanky 170 pound player lmao.

I'd like the NHL to have one of their officiating guys come out with an official explanation. I truly don't think anyone on either team on these boards knows the rule well enough to confidently state that they got it right or wrong. It is something you do not see often though. Reverse hits happen all the time, but I don't think I've seen someone leave their feet before the hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad