GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Very good game - nice and close with good chances. Weird that Pettersson got that penalty - he was just standing there. And as a Lady Byng finalist, hardly his pattern to incur penalties.

I don't typically complain about the refs in a game, but the calls didn't seem to be very consistent this game.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Been making bank on this series (STH for both teams) Game 6 on a Saturday, and a potential game 7. Should be a good few days… though hopefully no game 7.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Mcdavid has never backchecked. All he cares about is points.

He can keep his scoring records. Winners like Crosby and Mackinnon knows what it takes in the playoffs.
Have said it for years but have been criticised here, that it’s on the rest of his team not him.

I maintain he could be peak Fedorov as a 200ft player, if he wanted to.

He hasn’t developed the areas of helping your team in playoff hockey outside of scoring. He can definitely get there though before all said and done.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
ex-Flames coming up big again against the Oil

200w.gif

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
"fans are cheering knowing that there'll be at least one more game at Rogers Arena"

then the mic cut

did anyone else catch that?
It's true though. Minimum 1 more game (Game 7) if they lose Saturday. If they win the series in 6, they have at least 2. If they win in 7, they have at least 3.

Reactions: CanuckCity

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Better all round game from the Nucks, they all showed up to night, I like the changes and this lineup that Tocchet and go did . Pikard looks a lot better than Skinner. If Skins was in, this would have been done in the 2nd...Saturday gonna be crazy, I'm hoping for safe effort from the Nucks

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
The Oilers just straight up don't trust 1/3 of their lineup. They don't trust either of their supposed top 2 goaltenders. The Oilers are a house of cards at this point. I'm honestly not sure what Cody Ceci and Vincent Desharnais supposedly do and Darnell Nurse is just a cap construction nightmare. If McDavid and Draisaitl don't win the next two games collectively, it's probably not gonna happen.
Very poorly constructed team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad