GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
A walk around the seawall worked for Luongo in Game 5. Let's see what a scooter ride on the Burrard Bridge does.

elias-pettersson-scooter-canucks-1152x1536.jpeg
Peak male performance.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I like Tocchet's approach: encouraging players to forget past mistakes and emphasizing that they all have the opportunity to be a hero in the next game. I really just want the whole team to rise to the occasion and play their best game of the season. Let's go! :wave:

Reactions: quat

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Ian Cole is potentially a place holder for Chris Tanev next year but couldn't he do his place holding from the press box during these playoffs.
Tanev?
Chris Tanev?
did I jump into a Time Machine and come out 13 years ago?
so many other times I'd have wanted to see....

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just wanted to point out - the GDT and Post Game Thread combined for our final game last season had 628 posts.

This GDT is almost at 500 and there’s still over an hour until the puck drops.
Feels great to be back, HFVan - I’ve missed this.

1715906424200.gif

Lenny Levino

May 15, 2024
A walk around the seawall worked for Luongo in Game 5. Let's see what a scooter ride on the Burrard Bridge does.

elias-pettersson-scooter-canucks-1152x1536.jpeg
I see he's wearing Airpods (or at least wireless earphones). Maybe that's why he's not playing his best. Those things really mess up your brain.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
There's a reason why he cost only a low pick. It's not easy to play at full motor for 82 games, specially if you're a grinder like Laff.

Also, today's lines makes it pretty clear why Tocc had Petey saddled with the scrubs - when you're forced to move up Blueger the 4th line becomes filler and it will be punished if it has to play against the Oilers' top 6. So tons of pressure on Petey to make it count.
I dunno. PDG and Aman are good in their zone and Podkolzin adds some more jam

Mik-Laff-Pod would be a decent 4th line

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
He's been very good for Dallas this playoffs.
oh I love him in these playoffs. esp the last few games
but to get him on our team?
No.

I'm very superstitious, hence my rest week from the gym after game 4.
so its safe to say tonight you won't be at the combination hockey game and grocery store?

I see he's wearing Airpods (or at least wireless earphones). Maybe that's why he's not playing his best. Those things really mess up your brain.
the f***?

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
So pumped for tonight's game. A lot of positive vibes emanating from Canucks Universe. Feeling really good about the line up changes. Expecting our best effort of the postseason tonight.

Let's Go Petey! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Reactions: Jovofan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad