GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Pettersson-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Hoglander-Lekkermaki/Sasson-Karlsson
Suter-Lafferty-Podkolzin

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Friedman

If the lotto line can't get it done, sit Pettersson, and he, Bluger, Mikheyev, Juulsen and Cole can have a "never on this roster again" party during game 6.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Best of three, home ice advantage, playing with the third string goalie and it's all house money.

The Canucks have already exposed the oil and chased skinner. Not only their Cup aspirations, they won't win the Conference final, all thanks to the Canucks.

Compete, win at home, hammer Elkholm and Drai, force them to play McCrai 25 plus minutes.

It's all gravy. Gravy.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
For the love of god, please don't put in Bains. Nothing against the kid but outside of his first game, he looked completely out of his depth when they called him up. I don't like him getting caught out against Draisatil or McDavid.
Yeah - he couldn’t even stay afloat in regular season minutes. Bains shouldn’t even get a look. I’d rather rawdog Sasson or Lekk than see Bains do nothing

Reactions: Indiana and Sonny A

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Best of three, home ice advantage, playing with the third string goalie and it's all house money.

The Canucks have already exposed the oil and chased skinner. Not only their Cup aspirations, they won't win the Conference final, all thanks to the Canucks.

Compete, win at home, hammer Elkholm and Drai, force them to play McCrai 25 plus minutes.

It's all gravy. Gravy.
Man I love this toxicity :yo:

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Sasson or Lekk would be interesting. Sasson is a wildcard but he has speed and finished the year strong.

Lekk doesn't know the "system" but he's a high IQ player. It's more the size/matchup that could burn him. That said he's so smart - wouldn't mind a shot.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
So here's what we know of the lines for tomorrow.

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
XXX-Pettersson-XXX
XXX-Blueger-XXX

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

Silovs

All the players that have played NHL games that are options for those 4 spots:

Aman
Bains
Di Giuseppe
Hoglander
Karlsson
Lafferty
Mikheyev
Podkolzin
Raty

(Lekkerimaki, Klimovich, and Sasson have never played in the NHL).

Given these options, I'd insert Hoglander and Di Giuseppe again. After that, I'm willing to roll with Podkolzin and Karlsson in the last two spots but can see the argument for Mikheyev just so he can PK.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I would love to see them give Lekkerimaki a shot. You're at home, Oilers have no read on him, put him in sheltered offensive zone minutes and heavy PP time. He can cleanly beat goalies from the blueline.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
One thing that bugs me - when did the Canucks become so hesitant offensively? It's just a dump and board battles in 90% of the shifts, no crisp puck movement. Playing way too far outside and behind the goal line. It's a lot of wasted effort. I guess this is what is driving Tocchett mad but he's the coach.
Petterson. Enough said.

• Haha
Reactions: MS and supercanuck

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
One comment on the coverage, especially on Sportsnet: I was completely gobsmacked at how the panel spent every intermission talking about the Oilers and the Oilers alone, heaping them with praise and expanding on all of their story lines.

Like, I'm not looking for a bunch of Canuck fan service and complimentary coverage, but come on at least talk about some of the story lines for the Canucks (PP/PK struggles, Pettersson struggles, Mikeyev being awful, Hronek no points, Boeser's defensive details).

It's like the Canucks are being treated as an inconvenient roadblock on the way to a sure thing Oilers Cup.
Glad I switched to the Nuggets-TimberWolves game.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t think anyone should be reading too much into EP’s body language..He’s a complete introvert.

Precisely why he wouldn’t have been the first choice to captain the team.

He was excellent in the 2020 playoffs,all we can hope is that he can revert himself back into the alien.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I can kind of get it if Petey has COVID or is recovering from it. He doesn't really sound healthy in that presser. And I hadn't really thought about that before seeing the video.

Reactions: Indiana

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I can kind of get it if Petey has COVID or is recovering from it. He doesn't really sound healthy in that presser. And I hadn't really thought about that before seeing the video.
That and the question was phrased sort of as a you've had it for awhile and is it still bothering you type way. Again we will have to see when the playoffs conclude. Nothing truthful will be said about being healthy or not until then.

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad