Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM05 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 3-2 (Soucy, Di Giuseppe, & Miller) | JT MILLER *clap* *clap* *clap*

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Damn these chants were so much louder in person than on the TV. I wish they did a better job passing through the crowd noise. (This is not my footage).

View attachment 872155

After the fans threw garbage on the ice they started muting the audience like crazy in the second half of the game. Really threw me off as it went from a crazy crowd to dead silent and the sound was a bit off overall, which, given the crowd this season, made no sense.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I don’t typically condone throwing litter on the ice but my goodness the reffing was so blatantly biased and just sickening. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves and they deserved every piece of litter that was thrown on the ice. Sometimes enough is enough and while I wasn’t one to throw anything on the ice, I’m in a way proud of the people who did. There’s literally no other medium for fans to convey their frustration with the league actually taking notice, frustration in this case that was completely justified. There’s simply no accountability.

Good on the players for not letting the reffing take them off their game. They beat two teams tonight. What a joke of a league.
I almost never complain about the refs but this game was insanely poorly officiated.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I only wanted to join in the AI fun, so I prompted “Elias Petersson on the cross like Jesus” and it gave me this

Attachments

• IMG_0396.png
    IMG_0396.png
    515.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Wow
Reactions: Luongos Knob

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I don’t typically condone throwing litter on the ice but my goodness the reffing was so blatantly biased and just sickening. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves and they deserved every piece of litter that was thrown on the ice. Sometimes enough is enough and while I wasn’t one to throw anything on the ice, I’m in a way proud of the people who did. There’s literally no other medium for fans to convey their frustration with the league actually taking notice, frustration in this case that was completely justified. There’s simply no accountability.

Good on the players for not letting the reffing take them off their game. They beat two teams tonight. What a joke of a league.

It was about as obvious as it can get. That was without a doubt the worst officiated playoff game I've seen in years. It was so one sided and obvious that they even had to talk about it on the panel during the intermission which is something that never happens.

Last night the NHL tried to decide the outcome of a game to get their poster boy one step closer to a final. It was disgusting.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I'm not actually saying this as fact but some of the calls against Vancouver made it feel like the refs were trying to cover a bet.

The call on Petey might be the worst and most nonsensical penalty call I have ever seen. Like I would expect Leah Hextall to guess that that was the penalty when really it was a hand pass or something and have her say, 'um, maybe Petey for charging?'

I know that they would say they called the jump. But he didn't even jump towards Foegele, he jumped straight up anticipating the hit and went for the reverse hit.

My girlfriend who is just learning hockey texted me asking me to explain how charging works because she was very confused.

If it didn't make sense to her, imagine how those of us who have been watching hockey for decades and NEVER seen a call like that felt.

The Dakota Joshua penalty on McDavid was embarrassing, the goalie interference penalty was embarrassing.

But I'm so proud of this team, man alive do they believe in each other, they love each other, they love the fans, and the fans love them. This feels like 1994, it's incredible.

Petey was far far better and more incisive.

One thing that I don't think people may have noticed that I found amusing.

So Petey was partially responsible for 3 plays that were either a goal or almost a goal.

He took a shot from the point that was tipped and dragged off of the goal line. The puck popped out towards him and he missed it because he was celebrating what he thought was a goal.

Then when Hoglander hit the post, Petey again can be seen celebrating for one brief moment.

Hilariously, when Miller scored it was clear Petey didn't want to be fooled again, so while others were cheering he was shooting the rebound that had popped out of the net (and didn't manage to put it past Pickard lol).

All of the analysis I saw said, 'it was lucky Lindholm's shot went off of something'.

That wasn't luck, that was superlative skill by Petey due to his soccer skills. That was a backheel kick towards that net that hit the post and caused that rebound.

Credit where it's due, Petey was a big factor tonight and as one of his biggest fans I'm thrilled to see it.

We know he has more gears so hopefully this is just the start, but this was definitely him playing at a different, more incisive level than we have seen.

I f***ing love this team.

Feb 20, 2013
It is crazy that it has taken this long for Podkolzin to play. He is built for playoff hockey. Hopefully he is in for the rest of the playoffs.

I didn't look at the pregame lineups, and it took me till mid way through the second to notice that Mikheyev was out. He has been invisible this series.

Kudos to Tocchet for having the guts to put Lindholm with Pettersson and break up his second best line to reunite Blueger-Garland-Joshua. Both lines were good last night, and having Lindholm really made Pettersson's job easier. He was getting no help from Mikheyev. The downside to all that is that it means you have to play Aman or Lafferty as your 4th line centre, but honestly Aman was pretty good too.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Lafferty just hasn't played like a man going to be UFA on July 1st.

He's fine in the regular season but in the playoffs I just wish he had more speed and push to his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad