Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM05 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 3-2 (Soucy, Di Giuseppe, & Miller) | JT MILLER *clap* *clap* *clap*

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
This lasts until they leave home.

Or nowadays, never, since they can’t afford to leave.

it was so bad one time i had to break my personal rule of never asking one of my TAs to fetch me coffee

one morning after class they were like, are you ok? and i told them i hadn’t slept more than two hours in over three months and i swear i could see in these three young women’s eyes their ovaries clenching up

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
For me it was the most satisfying win of the playoffs so far. First period the Canucks had good energy but were a bit sloppy, taking penalties and gave up too many odd-man situations. The forwards were humming but sometimes a little careless in the early stages. The rest of the game they kept up the energy but buckled down on the defensive details and really didn't give the Oilers much of anything. Absolutely dominated the second period.

Myers had one of his best games in a Canuck uniform. No chaos tonight; he was the best defensive defenceman and moved the puck well, too. Hronek was better in this game than he's been recently.

Di Giuseppe was strong; his return really boosted the fourth line. Aman was alright. Podkolzin didn't create much but he did his job defensively. Lafferty and Mikheyev have had plenty of chances; it was time for a change.

PK looked so much better tonight; Oilers barely got a sniff in their five power plays. Canucks' PP didn't score but it looked effective and confident with plenty of good puck movement. When the Oilers can't feast on special teams they're not much more than an average team.

Silovs didn't have to make many tough saves but he looked solid and confident.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Silovs has earned the right to close it out
Let's not treat Silovs' performance, good as it has been, as something more than it is. No doubt people expected less from the Canucks' third string goalie and he hasn't cost the team, but it isn't as if he's been stealing this or the last series. His 2.62 GAA and .907 save % in these playoffs are fine, he's been a capable NHL goalie this series, but Demko is one of the top goalies on the planet and has a history of stealing games for the team. He's earned his position as the Canucks' # 1.

There should be no issue here. When Demko is ready to go, he should play.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
They cannot let Lindholm go. If they want to win a Stanley Cup in the Demko window having Lindholm around makes it far more likely.

This guy is way too important. And what a phenomenal play he makes on the winner.

Credit to Petey aswell, 2 massive plays on that goal & I thought he was good tonight. Good response for him & a great response from the team after that incredibly soft effort in game 4.

They were the opposite of soft tonight! top to bottom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad