Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM05 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 3-2 (Soucy, Di Giuseppe, & Miller) | JT MILLER *clap* *clap* *clap*

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
i think juulsen is unplayable on the road

but at home, i don’t hate him as the 6th man to give cole a much needed rest. hopefully game 3 against dallas...
cc @MS but i agreed with this until tonight

tonight wasn’t bad luck or just the 2nd game of the series

he’s just getting roasted. it’s been 5 games. i genuinely don’t think we are worse off at all at evens. they’re equal horror shows out there at evens

the argument would be that we need another vet for a closeout game or whatever but i dont buy kt

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Not to be a negative Nancy but I felt like this game was less about how good the Canucks were and more about how bad the Oilers were. Pretty much the opposite of game 4.

I still think we have another gear and may need it to finish this series off.

Miller was ass for the last 119 and a half or so minutes but made up for it.

Nice to see Pettersson looking more like his normal self. Seemed confident and assertive. Wasn't exactly a superstar but still pretty good which is a major step forward.

Cole had a rough start but settled down somewhat as the game went on. I would be shocked if they sat him for game 6 like some are suggesting.

Garland was trying hard to make things happen however the lack of help he had in the o-zone was noticeable without Lindholm. But it's more important right now to get Petey going and Garly has proven all season he doesn't need much help to create.

4th line played with some good energy. Obvious that PDG had the adrenaline going.
Put Garland with Lindholm and Pettersson.

Hoglander can go with Joshua and Blueger.

Joshua has not played well enough to warrant keeping that line together.

Garland will add even more of a scoring threat to the Elias line.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
I refuse to let this go

stationary is not distance travelled

1715924966454.png

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
cc @MS but i agreed with this until tonight

tonight wasn’t bad luck or just the 2nd game of the series

he’s just getting roasted. it’s been 5 games. i genuinely don’t think we are worse off at all at evens. they’re equal horror shows out there at evens

the argument would be that we need another vet for a closeout game or whatever but i dont buy kt
If you're talking about Cole, I'd like to try him on the left side before punting him to press row.

Maybe let Soucy or even Quinn Hughes handle wtong side lefty duties for once and see where it takes us.

Reactions: Nomobo

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I don't want to see Lafferty or Mikheyev play another shift in this run.
No.

Have them watch tape, get rested. If the Canucks advance, they will need all hands on deck. There will be injuries and fatigue to deal with.

Tocchet has gone to great lengths to establish the "next man up" mentality. Belief in the team.

Be positive, ffs. I hate it when people poach on my turf. Damn you. Damn you to hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad