Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM05 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 3-2 (Soucy, Di Giuseppe, & Miller) | JT MILLER *clap* *clap* *clap*

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
He's GOTTA sit though, no?

I mean seriously. He was a good soldier for us this year, but even during the regular season he showed signs of fatigue, and in this series he's been a liability. He has to come out.....
We saw a LOT more of the Edmonton depth players this game, and they had an impact. Still, it is so much better seeing Ryan or Foegele coming up the ice than McDavid and Draisaitl again. I think they are wiped out, and the Canucks have been playing a much more sustainable 4 line game all playoffs.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Damn, I could tell they'd cut Cole back but 12:31 tonight.

I still don't think he'll come out, though. And Juulsen scares the crap out of me.
If there was a better option than I am sure Cole would come out.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
That was the best playoff game I've see this far.

We got pretty unlucky, and still outlasted them.

Alas, job is not done until it's done. I can definitely see the series going to game 7. And yes, the cock sucking zebras will absolutely try to f*** us around every corner. 4th win will be a massive mountain to climb.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Not to be a negative Nancy but I felt like this game was less about how good the Canucks were and more about how bad the Oilers were. Pretty much the opposite of game 4.

I still think we have another gear and may need it to finish this series off.

Miller was ass for the last 119 and a half or so minutes but made up for it.

Nice to see Pettersson looking more like his normal self. Seemed confident and assertive. Wasn't exactly a superstar but still pretty good which is a major step forward.

Cole had a rough start but settled down somewhat as the game went on. I would be shocked if they sat him for game 6 like some are suggesting.

Garland was trying hard to make things happen however the lack of help he had in the o-zone was noticeable without Lindholm. But it's more important right now to get Petey going and Garly has proven all season he doesn't need much help to create.

4th line played with some good energy. Obvious that PDG had the adrenaline going.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
this is all ridiculously exciting and all but i also want to take a minute to acknowledge that i absolutely did not expect to still be watching the canucks in the middle of may

what a ride it’s been, for real

“If everything goes right, we’ll make the playoffs” From the President of the team!

And everything has gone right! Just incredibly unpredictable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad