Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Also, on Stuart Skinner -

Vogue to rip on him, and he's definitely their weak link, but actually thought Game 3 was possibly his best one. Hard to pinpoint any of the goals he should have had, but the issue with him isn't so much the goals that beat him, but you need your starting goalie to stop 1 or more sure-thing-goals per game in order to win. And he's not doing much of that.
.733 save % was his best game? Then he is garbage.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Could someone explain something to me: I’ve been hearing today that Soucy could be suspended for cross checking McDavid *after* the game was over. But didn’t Soucy only do that because McDavid slashed Soucy *first* - again, after the game was over. So it’s not as though Soucy cross checked completely out of nowhere.
Why is the talk only about Soucy possibly getting suspended, while not a single mention of McDavid starting the whole thing is even breathed?

And my guy Boeser does it again. Just wish he had his hat trick after all…

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Welp I guess Juulsen is entering the lineup he hasn’t been terrible this season and can also lay the body. I want him to think defense first though at times he gets out of position to throw a check other than that he should be fine.

Reactions: Indiana

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Maybe the league can also look at the major dive McDavid took to get that one powerplay. As soon as the stick tapped his skate he flew into the air like superman.
I assumed his foot was broken from the play, but surprisingly, he got up and was fined.

Reactions: mossey3535

Sykur

Apr 11, 2011
mcdavid-soucy-pantera.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't think I can recall a series where the Canucks have been outplayed for so many stretches of each game, but still own a 2-1 series lead. It speaks to the importance of 'goaltending' at either end of the ice.

My concern is that sooner or later the 'breaks' will even out. Unfortunately, at least one of these upcoming games will feature a parade to the penalty box by the Canucks. You can bank on it, And we all know the success rate in killing off Oiler PP's.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don't think I can recall a series where the Canucks have been outplayed for so many stretches of each game, but still own a 2-1 series lead. It speaks to the importance of 'goaltending' at either end of the ice.

My concern is that sooner or later the 'breaks' will even out. Unfortunately, at least one of these upcoming games will feature a parade to the penalty box by the Canucks. You can bank on it, And we all know the success rate in killing off Oiler PP's.
It s a series so things change, but Oilers top dogs have been overplayed and could start to run out of runway at some point. Especially given the physicality you guys are giving them.

This and none of the series are for certain
It will be very tough remaining few games. But I'm feeling more positive than ever about this series.

Sykur

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think I can recall a series where the Canucks have been outplayed for so many stretches of each game, but still own a 2-1 series lead.

It's a rope-a-dope strategy. You wanna play McDavid for 30 minutes every game, fine. We'll just sit back and let him punch himself out.

Reactions: HighAndTight

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Welp I guess Juulsen is entering the lineup he hasn’t been terrible this season and can also lay the body. I want him to think defense first though at times he gets out of position to throw a check other than that he should be fine.
After Zadorov, Juulsen might be the most physical d-man the Canucks have. In fact if they also dressed Podkolzin for this game, they'd be definitely upping 'the punishment meter' in both the offensive and defensive zones.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011

We've been consistently better at even strength other than the 3rd period of game 2 where the completely absurd officiating shell shocked the boys into being too scared to even play their game.

They can't win without it being a complete special teams match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad