Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There's no way that's a suspension. McDavid was unhurt, he instigated the situation, and there was no intent from Soucy to hit McDavid in the face and it only happened because Zadorov also hit him at the same time.

First 40 minutes were a pretty good road game. Last 20 was butt-clench time and felt terrifying ... but then you look at the heat maps and HD chances and it was kind of all smoke and mirrors for Edmonton.

It's funny how our AHL 3rd string goalie is better than their #1.

Pettersson showed some life in Game 2 ... then regressed tonight.

Lindholm is literally an entirely different player than the guy I watched play 40 games in the regular season this year. Not sure I've ever seen a guy flick a switch quite like this.

Blaming Cole for the 4-3 goal is ridiculous. Was literally a point shot that hit him in the chest while he was in the right position keeping McDavid to the outside.

Zadorov dumping Kane into the bench was amazing and I might have actually gone through the roof if we came out of that SH.

That arena was an absolute morgue for the last 40 minutes especially considering how the Oilers were controlling possession.

Coverage of the reffing tonight was terrible. Thought there were soft calls both ways but the way the broadcast put the soft Nurse call in the spotlight while ignoring the equally soft Hronek call that Edmonton scored off the resulting PP on is ridiculous. And a 'soft calls both ways' game inherently favours Edmonton.

Connor McBaby has to be the most miserable, whining, unlikeable crybaby star player I've ever seen in any sport.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
There's no way that's a suspension. McDavid was unhurt, he instigated the situation, and there was no intent from Soucy to hit McDavid in the face and it only happened because Zadorov also hit him at the same time.

First 40 minutes were a pretty good road game. Last 20 was butt-clench time and felt terrifying ... but then you look at the heat maps and HD chances and it was kind of all smoke and mirrors for Edmonton.

It's funny how our AHL 3rd string goalie is better than their #1.

Pettersson showed some life in Game 2 ... then regressed tonight.

Lindholm is literally an entirely different player than the guy I watched play 40 games in the regular season this year. Not sure I've ever seen a guy flick a switch quite like this.

Blaming Cole for the 4-3 goal is ridiculous. Was literally a point shot that hit him in the chest while he was in the right position keeping McDavid to the outside.

Zadorov dumping Kane into the bench was amazing and I might have actually gone through the roof if we came out of that SH.

That arena was an absolute morgue for the last 40 minutes especially considering how the Oilers were controlling possession.

Coverage of the reffing tonight was terrible. Thought there were soft calls both ways but the way the broadcast put the soft Nurse call in the spotlight while ignoring the equally soft Hronek call that Edmonton scored off the resulting PP on is ridiculous. And a 'soft calls both ways' game inherently favours Edmonton.

Connor McBaby has to be the most miserable, whining, unlikeable crybaby star player I've ever seen in any sport.
The refs clearly told both teams after the Ekholm cross-check that they weren't going to tolerate anymore cross-checks. And the soft Nurse call was a result of that, and Cole got called for the same thing in the 3rd period.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Hehe you guys are all looking at this from a logic point of view.

Big mistake.

Let's stick a couple of crayons in our brains, and up our asses, in order to look at this from the league's perspective, shall we~~?
homer-crayon.gif

- He TOUCHED McDavid! How f***ing dare you!
- No-name player, who gives a shit about him.
- Canucks, PUKE.
- We did this to Aaron Rome and it worked out perfectly.
- The series is shifting towards the team we don't like, oh no we can't have that.
- Bennett should be suspended? Balls, we missed that. We'll just suspend this random guy some extra games, this way the players and fans will think that we KARE!
- Hang on, it's time to jerk off to McDavid's photo for the 9000th time.

EDIT: oh and one more bullet point I forgot to add - Craig Button has been SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHING about it.

Last edited:

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Reading the Oilers board cry after McDavids throws the first slash and finds out is soooo funny. After the Hog spearing, Hughes missed double minor, and other shit that went uncalled. Sooooo funny.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
Reading the Oilers board cry after McDavids throws the first slash and finds out is soooo funny. After the Hog spearing, Hughes missed double minor, and other shit that went uncalled. Sooooo funny.
Not to mention Kane's slewfoot on Hughes...

I came back to hockey from a long absence due to the Benning era and have never really seen Edmonton before this series. Edmonton is a garbage team and their fans are worse. We have to beat these assholes by any means necessary.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

When they gave him the nickname McJesus, it kinda says a lot.

McDavid is a religious figure to the Oilers fans, and there is no way McDavid can do wrong.

It explains everything.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Excellent:

Boeser
Miller
Myers
Soucy
Garland
Lindholm
Silovs

Good:
Hughes
Joshua
Zadorov
Blueger

Need more from:
Lafferty
Pettersson
Cole
Hronek

Should be scratched:
Mikheyev

Other:
Karlsson & Aman, both played well in their playoff debut.
What happened to Suter?

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
they gonna also suspend kane for attempting to kick zadorov in the head with his skate?

we already know that spearing someone in the nuts is a-ok with the nhl.
then suspend both players from each team. soucy/kane.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Listening to Draisaitl and Spector in those post game interviews is enough to want you to stick finger down your throat.

Draisaitl basically dismissed Silovs' by pointing out that they were the better team all night long, and hitting the post four times is 'not really about good goaltending'

As for Spector, he claims this series isn't about Silovs, "because the Oilers are confident they can break down and score on any goaltender, anywhere and any time".

The arrogance of this group knows no bounds. Would almost be as satisfying to beat them as winning the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad