GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
6 goals on 26 shots this series.

0.769% this series.

Not gonna cut it.

Nobody cares about the context-less stats like that. The Oilers powerplay is gonna do that. Silovs have a few weaker goals last game, but it's not like DeSmith isn't prone to the same. Or that most goaltenders don't have a totally garbage SV% against the Oilers powerplay.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Respecting him too much - need to take his space and lay the body on him

Looks like they have Hughes and Hronek out when he’s on the ice. Probably not the right personnel on D if that’s the goal. Seems like they want better skaters to stick with him and/or McDavid

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Win the face-off, score. Lose the face-off, get scored on :laugh: Miller's got to lock in on these draws.

D-zone coverage has to literally be perfect at every second against the McDavid line, these guys are so good that a split second mishap gets giga punished. Not an easy task - Drai + Crosby look like souped up version of Malkin + Crosby, and I never thought I'd say that in my lifetime.

Outside of that top unit the entire Oilers team looks like garbage, need to take advantage.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Nobody cares about the context-less stats like that. The Oilers powerplay is gonna do that. Silovs have a few weaker goals last game, but it's not like DeSmith isn't prone to the same. Or that most goaltenders don't have a totally garbage SV% against the Oilers powerplay.

Casey DeSmith is 2-1-0 with a 2.60 GAA and a .933 save percentage in five career games against Edmonton. 3 of those games were this season, against this Oiler's powerplay.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
Looks like they have Hughes and Hronek out when he’s on the ice. Probably not the right personnel on D if that’s the goal. Seems like they want better skaters to stick with him and/or McDavid
It looks like they've shifted Hughes-Myers and Soucy-Hronek to be the d pairings. Not a huge fan as we know how bad Hughes-Myers has been historically.

Reactions: TruKnyte

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
The Oilers are 2 superstars and a bunch of role players. You can almost see the ice tilt when McDavid steps on the ice:laugh:

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
You waste a offensive zone with that nurse pairing with the 4th line holy f***

And these idiots chanting skinner after he made a big save

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Casey DeSmith is 2-1-0 with a 2.60 GAA and a .933 save percentage in five career games against Edmonton. 3 of those games were this season, against this Oiler's powerplay.

I legitimately do not care about this factoid whatsoever. It has next to zero bearing on anything on the ice. It's a tiny sample including some absolutely goofy games.

Hockey is played on the ice, not the stat sheet afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad