GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A moral victory....when you have one your worst periods in these Cup playoffs so far and still come out tied. I swear the Canucks lost every faceoff in that period. I'd love to know what the percentages were on the dot, but probably too depressing.

If this becomes PP series, the Canucks are cooked. Their PK is just getting dissected out there. Well on to the second.....which has to be better.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Didn't like the call on Nuge. Not because it wasn't a penalty, but because it was a bit soft, and you know with how refs are they're going to call one back the other way whenever they feel like it :laugh:

I will say the Oilers crying non-stop after every non-call is not going to endear themselves well to them though.

Period could basically be split into McDavid minutes and non-McDavid minutes. Oilers absolutely caved the Canucks in while he was on the ice, whereas the Canucks were a bit ahead when he wasn't.

Need to be better at taking advantage of the minutes while he's not on the ice, because with that line loaded up there's only so much you can do to contain them before you hope their heavy minutes tire them out.

Would like to see us be a bit more physical when he’s on the ice to try and tire him out more. Eventually the minutes will wear him out

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Would like to see us be a bit more physical when he’s on the ice to try and tire him out more. Eventually the minutes will wear him out

The issue is he's so fast that if you miss or take yourself out of position to do it it's pretty much a guaranteed goal against.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
That was dumb shift at the end there. Can't have forwards caught deep with mcdrai out there at the end of a period.

Canucks have the advantage once those guys are off the ice. Just need to limit their time and space. Absolutely can't give them space in the neutral zone.

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
We bent, but didn't break (other than Petey's stick). Need to continue to roll our lines - we have greater depth. D need to play a bit bigger. Finish checks - they're feeling them. And obviously stay out of the box. We can beat these guys again.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Hyman looking for blood on that high stick, they did a close up on his face earlier in the game I could swear you could already see blood from his nose.

467b45725a9f71b11fbedc901aa76dcf.jpg

Reactions: crazychimp

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Getting distracted trying to be excessively physical against McDavid is generally a bad strategy. That's what the Kings did, and he absolutely dismantled them.

The way you actually defend against and "tire out" McDavid...is to just keep the puck away from him. He hates playing without the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad