GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
the great thing about winning last game, aside from the obvious, is that if there's any chance he can go, the oilers kind of have to play draisaitl tonight, even if he is just available for the PP.

if game one ends 4-1, they're probably a bit more comfortable sending him back to edmonton to rest whatever it is. as it stands, they need to squeeze every minute they can to win this game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Honestly if Cole gets his head out of his ass I’m not as worried. I would still rather avoid giving them the chance though

I think Cole comes back and has a strong game.

On the flip side - I think the same for McDavid here. Especially if Draisaitl is out/on the limp, I see McDavid elevating his play to compensate, especially after being held shotless in Game 1.

Reactions: calnuck

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Full list for people who don't want to go to twitter to see it:
F Arshdeep Bains
F Linus Karlsson
F Danila Klimovich
F Jonathan Lekkerimäki
F Vasily Podkolzin
F Aatu Räty
F Max Sasson
D Nick Cicek
D Matt Irwin
D Cole McWard
D Elias Pettersson
D Christian Wolanin
G Zach Sawchenko

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Damn, that's a lot of extra bodies.

Interesting bits :

1) Woo is injured so as expected he's not on the list.

2) Virtually every healthy player on an NHL contract has been recalled ... except Akito Hirose, so some writing on the wall there probably.

3) Also no Sheldon Dries, which is weird because in a big injury crunch you'd think his experience would make him a contender to draw in.

4) Klimovich being there is ... odd.

5) Filip Johansson to the WCs?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Full list for people who don't want to go to twitter to see it:
F Arshdeep Bains
F Linus Karlsson
F Danila Klimovich
F Jonathan Lekkerimäki
F Vasily Podkolzin
F Aatu Räty
F Max Sasson
D Nick Cicek
D Matt Irwin
D Cole McWard
D Elias Pettersson
D Christian Wolanin
G Zach Sawchenko

I guessed almost everyone they'd bring up right.

Except for Klimovich. Okay.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
So game 1 they gave us a ref that is controversial with the oilers now game 2 one that is for the canucks

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Too much is being made of the Draisitl injury, teams still find a way to win look no further than our team with Demko. Either way I expect better defense from both teams, the previous round Oilers were able to squeeze out those 1-0, 2-1 wins. The boys still have to bring that killer instinct whether he dresses or not don’t look at it like it will be an easier night.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Too much is being made of the Draisitl injury, teams still find a way to win look no further than our team with Demko. Either way I expect better defense from both teams, the previous round Oilers were able to squeeze out those 1-0, 2-1 wins. The boys still have to bring that killer instinct whether he dresses or not don’t look at it like it will be an easier night.
Tocchet will have the boys prepared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad