GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Oilers are apparently 7-3 in games 2?

I didn’t get a chance to have a proper look but last year round 2 Vegas/oilers.

Sutherland not in for game 1 a Vegas win, Sutherland in for game 2 a 5-1 win for the oilers.

Does this guy just show up to f*** the opposing team over?

It shouldn’t matter though this Canuck group is too resilient.
On the bright side, if the Canucks can beat Sutherland + Oilers in G2, that's when you know this team is destined for something special. If they lose due to Sutherland it's gonna suck, but it's also a bit of a write off.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Hard to believe but we only took one penalty last game, you have to think the zebras will give us some more tonight. The pk has to be on. Oilers have their set plays on the power plays I hope the team did their homework on those.
100% Oilers would've complained to the league about only getting 1 PP given how important powerplays are to them.

No way they don't get some series management

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Oh, Sutherland's in this?

1715365872513.png

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
On the bright side, if the Canucks can beat Sutherland + Oilers in G2, that's when you know this team is destined for something special. If they lose due to Sutherland it's gonna suck, but it's also a bit of a write off.

I'm preferring this state of mind and have done so almost the entire playoffs and have been enjoying them overcoming the odds. Essentially it boils down to this:

-no one expected us to make the playoffs, let alone be top of division this year
-we thought we were completely ****ed when we lost our vezina calibre goaltender after one game of the playoffs
-we thought we were even more screwed when we lost our veteran backup goalie who had just given us a fantastic start in game 3, forcing us to throw a total NHL rookie into a crazy close series
-then, everyone wrote us off versus the Oilers in this series
-now, we're about to get one of the worst refs of recent memory who has history of calling soft as shit penalties against us in a game against a powerplay merchant team, ripe for some series management.

Again, we're just playing with house money here, lets have a good time and if they surpass all the odds against them, amazing. This isn't like they are coming into the playoffs where they are supposed to go deep as a contender.

Last edited:

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
100% Oilers would've complained to the league about only getting 1 PP given how important powerplays are to them.

At least they were given one, I recall no power plays for us in the clinching game against Nashville.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Oilers are apparently 7-3 in games 2?

I didn’t get a chance to have a proper look but last year round 2 Vegas/oilers.

Sutherland not in for game 1 a Vegas win, Sutherland in for game 2 a 5-1 win for the oilers.

Does this guy just show up to f*** the opposing team over?

It shouldn’t matter though this Canuck group is too resilient.

Edmonton was handed a 5-1 PP advantage in the first 30 minutes of that game and scored 3 times on the PP to build their lead, incidentally.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Lol I just got banned from the Oilers forum for absolutely no reason. I was reading their game day thread, didn't comment and only interacted with one post. I laughed at a multi-paragraph unhinged rant about the city of Vancouver and the people that live there, barely connected to the hockey team at all. About 20 minutes later I was banned from the forum. No explanation or anything.

I know we aren't supposed to discuss moderator actions publicly, but this is absolutely pathetic. One interaction to a post that had nothing to do with hockey and they ban me without even a message saying why? I've got no history on that board, haven't had any sort of infraction for years, and I can't read a thread looking for updates on Draisaitl?

Hfoilers can kiss my ass. So sad and pathetic. What a group of crybabies, especially the poster oil something who clearly went crying to the mods about me laughing at his crazy. And the mods over there, lol get a grip you power abusing babies.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver

Because of our collapsing diamond setup on the pk they will try to look for that same cross crease play similar to the first goal of game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad