GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Reactions: Jovofan

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Again, Nurse, Ceci, Bouchard are all susceptible to mistakes especially against a very aggressive forecheck. They don’t have the battle level or intensity to keep up with relentless pressure. Skinner is skinner, he’s a leaky faucet 100% of the time, enough shots on net and he will let a couple in.

I think the only change id make is permanently reunite the lotto line and have Suter center Mik and Hog. Simpson even mentioned this during the broadcast that Pettersson was open several times and his linemates were not quick enough or able to get the puck to him. Pettersson’s talents and strengths are wasted with two north south forwards. Suter compliments them much better. And Pettersson on the lotto line can just focus on doing what he knows best.

I was screaming at the TV. Hoglander had 3 glaringly open looks to pass the puck to Pettersson but either fumbled an elementary pass or held onto the puck 2 seconds too long and lost possession. It's really a bummer because you had such high hopes for Hoglander but his play has failed to keep up with the pace. He looks overwhelmed on each shift out there.

Just imagine if we had someone like Guentzel next to Pettersson in this series. :m-shocked:

Reactions: Zanon

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Again, Nurse, Ceci, Bouchard are all susceptible to mistakes especially against a very aggressive forecheck. They don’t have the battle level or intensity to keep up with relentless pressure. Skinner is skinner, he’s a leaky faucet 100% of the time, enough shots on net and he will let a couple in.

I think the only change id make is permanently reunite the lotto line and have Suter center Mik and Hog. Simpson even mentioned this during the broadcast that Pettersson was open several times and his linemates were not quick enough or able to get the puck to him. Pettersson’s talents and strengths are wasted with two north south forwards. Suter compliments them much better. And Pettersson on the lotto line can just focus on doing what he knows best.
Agreed. And that becomes our de facto third line. It's not scoring right now anyways, so might as well load up the lotto.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
1715272846495.png

Take it to 'em, boys!

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
1994 and 2011 are not forgotten. This isn't Nashville, this is Edmonton and we've seen the war of words on this board on game 1. Things can get ugly real fast. Can't say I blame him on this one.
Sure, but if this team does make a deep run then starting out with round 2 watch parties can help set the tone for future events to prevent the worst case scenario again. Also helps to avoid starting with an elimination game :laugh:

Reactions: Indiana

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Sure, but if this team does make a deep run then starting out with round 2 watch parties can help set the tone for future events to prevent the worst case scenario again. Also helps to avoid starting with an elimination game :laugh:
Just so long as they don't come into my neighbourhood, the DTES, and make a huge mess.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

I think avoiding having them downtown is somewhat smart from a civic planning perspective - downtown Vancouver is one giant congestion/bottleneck point. 2011 really got exacerbated by so many bystanders being trapped downtown once they shut down the skytrains.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Pettersson-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Hoglander-Suter-Mikheyev
PDG-Blueger-Lafferty

These lines would be perfect. Pettersson is truly wasted with Hoglander and Mikheyev.
Mikheyev had some chances last night. Guy is just snakebit.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
DeSmith next game? The coaching staff must be talking about it.
I haven't seen a clip of whatever play it was that (apparently) injured Draisaitl. If he's limited, that's huge.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Really think they should run the Lotto Line next game. Pettersson looked engaged last night, but I don't think he can break out with his current linemates, at least at his current confidence levels

Reactions: Indiana and Jovofan

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
DeSmith next game? The coaching staff must be talking about it.
I haven't seen a clip of whatever play it was that (apparently) injured Draisaitl. If he's limited, that's huge.

If it's what Bieksa showed on HNIC, was a nothing hit by Myers that was immediately followed up with another shove by Joshua. Draisaitl could barely move and went to the dressing room shortly afterwards. Came back in the third but Zadorov was targeting him and gave two hard cross checks to his lower back.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Can we tal
What a morning it is ! Checked on Oilers board and the comments regarding no penalties like they are just entitled to PP's hilarious. Keep that engine running boys you found another way to come back from 3 down unbelievable !!
I predicted this happening. If the Canucks stay disciplined this series, it will drive the Oilers and their fans absolutely crazy because they rely heavily on their powerplay. Canucks are a better 5-on-5 team.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I think avoiding having them downtown is somewhat smart from a civic planning perspective - downtown Vancouver is one giant congestion/bottleneck point. 2011 really got exacerbated by so many bystanders being trapped downtown once they shut down the skytrains.

Agree, the best move would be decentralizing these events. There's tons of park spaces and locations within Vancouver that can be suited for it.

Hell, you could stage organized watch parties which involve registration and small fees at facilities like the PNE Coliseum or Agrodome in future years. Sponsors would jump right in and you could use the fees to enhance security.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If it's what Bieksa showed on HNIC, was a nothing hit by Myers that was immediately followed up with another shove by Joshua. Draisaitl could barely move and went to the dressing room shortly afterwards. Came back in the third but Zadorov was targeting him and gave two hard cross checks to his lower back.
Having put my back out many times, that's what it looked like to me. But I am less of a trained medical person than the Canucks training staff, so what do I know.

Reactions: Nomobo and Indiana

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Can we tal

I predicted this happening. If the Canucks stay disciplined this series, it will drive the Oilers and their fans absolutely crazy because they rely heavily on their powerplay. Canucks are a better 5-on-5 team.
Your so right they live and die with the PP we stay out of the box makes our job much easier. 5x5 we were one of the best this season I believe !

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
After the game, and giving props to most of the team, Tocchet went to talk to Cole...

Disclamation: may contain dramatization.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Really think they should run the Lotto Line next game. Pettersson looked engaged last night, but I don't think he can break out with his current linemates, at least at his current confidence levels

They aren't maximizing what they can do offensively and it sucks for Pettersson at ES but the Miller-Pettersson-Lindholm-Blueger combination down the middle is absolutely killing it in terms of defensive play and limiting chances. They're sticking with this for a reason, and it's working.

It's a real shame they couldn't have found a way to add a Guentzel at the deadline and have him in the Mikheyev spot.

But basically we have a reliable, solid defensive pair on the ice 100% of the time and we have a strong two-way C on the ice 100% of the time. It's a good formula.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I would imagine that Silovs gets the start again this game, but last night wasnt his sharpest game..He was extremely lucky a number of times (the puck going right under his pads across the crease several times, and RNH hitting the post right before the winning goal by Garland).

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad