Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM02 | Canucks lose to Oilers in OT | 3-4 (Pettersson, Boeser, & Zadorov) | Less than Stellar Effort

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I think it’s still early enough in the playoffs that they can do t agains use especially if this only goes 5

They could get away with it on the Canucks minus Demko, maybe, but if he was starting I'd be pretty confident we take this series. A true contender would eat your lunch doing that.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The Pettersson line isn't working.

There's no point in that line existing.

They get to play against the garbage lines of the Oilers and they do not control or dominate the play at all.

Then the line that actually can score, the Miller line, gets stuck against the McDrai line and doesn't even get to touch the puck most shifts.

Just go with:

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

So at least you're fighting fire with fire, and both lines can theoretically line up with the McDrai line.

What frustrates me is Tocchet finally put the Lotto line together for the stupid one shift and that's it. They're not going to get anything going with having some time together.

Even forgetting the Lotto line, Tocchet needs to recognize Mikheyev and Pettersson just aren't working together.

Reactions: aquaweenie

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
What frustrates me is Tocchet finally put the Lotto line together for the stupid one shift and that's it. They're not going to get anything going with having some time together.

Even forgetting the Lotto line, Tocchet needs to recognize Mikheyev and Pettersson just aren't working together.

The time to experiment was in the last games of the regular season, which tocchet chose not to do. I wanted to see Lindholm and Petey paired together for longer to see if they could generate some chemistry

Reactions: Bourne Endeavor

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You missed the most important part. There is no way you can play a forward around 30 minutes a game and win the Cup. You'll get stomped by the Conference finals. Their depth is also largely bad, the goalie is shaky as Hell, and if you had the horses you could wear down the McDavid line over a 7 game series and force them to find some depth scoring.
We win at least 1 game away then this goes to 6. Good luck to the oilers playing McD 26 mins a night for 4 more games with 1 day break in between. Just muck it up and play Canucks hockey

Reactions: Jovofan and TruGr1t

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
They need to work on their breakouts. They couldn't get the puck out all game, some solid adjustments on the part of the Oiler's coaches. They stopped trying to score early in the third and wasted the last 15 minutes. You have to maintain more possession in the zone.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
That's the way I see it. We're getting by on heroics from unlikely sources. I mean 4 goals for Zadorov so far?? 7 points? Where would we be...?

Our top talent HAS to be better.
Miller and Boeser have played good. Hughes and Petey need to be way better. Hronek should not be resigned. Sign Tanev instead

Reactions: Jay26

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
PDG has had jump this series, I'd put him with Petey. Lafferty has shown next to nothing these playoffs

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The time to experiment was in the last games of the regular season, which tocchet chose not to do. I wanted to see Lindholm and Petey paired together for longer to see if they could generate some chemistry

While I agree. We're now getting forced into that position because Tocchet refused to try it earlier. Coming back with a line that had done nothing for ages now just means Pettersson can't do anything.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad