GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
By default, the Oilers are now Canada’s team with 19 Canadians right? :naughty:

They should also be considered Swedens team, under the impression EP continues his disappearing act. If he doesn’t, I guess it’s tied.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
This thread in about 8 hours
1715191046896.png

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
First of all the fact that you think desharnais and kulak are brags is utterly f***ing hilarious. Nurse is probably the worst contract in the league. You don't have a dman that even comes close to Quinn Hughes, or Josi, so lets not talk about blue lines.

Anyways, back to my original point, what I was implying, since this seems to be really hard for you, is Nashville game planned for us, in a way the Oilers won't, they loaded up the box in front of the goalie and disabled us from getting shots from anywhere but the perimeter, they sacrificed their own offense to do this and it was the only reason they were even able to beat us twice.

Now the Oilers won't play this way, they don't need to, they play run and gun, which is much more suited to us, also if the Oilers did try and play that way, the Canucks would have the advantage as we are a tighter checking team than you guys, most importantly, I can't stress this enough, what happened in the last series for both teams is irrelevant, as irrelevant as us smacking you guys around 4 times this year.

Oh look another person who just started watching hockey this year, sad.
there's a reason why the media narrative is that Vancouver looked bad last round and not that they ran into some brick wall defense lol

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
So your premise is that the Oilers won't try to limit chances against or do anything to stop the canucks from having their way in the offensive zone?

I take it you haven't watched the Oilers play at all for the past two years outside of the couple games at the start of this season? Because that's an incredibly old and inaccurate narrative when it comes to this current Oilers squad my guy.

No I'm saying they won't completely change there style to beat us, they won't sacrifice offense to beat us the way the Preds did. Nashville didn't just try and limit chances they suffocated, and it cost them the series realistically.

Why is this so hard for you guys to understand?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
lol Canucks aren't putting up 6 goals
lol Oilers ain't putting up 9 either bud.

Why not? I predicted 9-5 or 8-6 in 2022 in the Oilers-Flames playoff game and it nearly happened.

I was almost 100% on my Playoff Bracket but the Bruins beat the Leafs (I guessed they'd go to 7 games).

Goaltending is going to be spotty tonight I feel. Pucks are going to bounce everywhere into the net.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
there's a reason why the media narrative is that Vancouver looked bad last round and not that they ran into some brick wall defense lol
The games were boring as shit, the media hated that, it was a tight checking series, the media hates that too. Hmmm

It wasn't a defensive brickwall it was a game plan, like how we had 80+ chances in one game but only like 20 actual shots that made it through.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
It will be an interesting series which should tip in the Oilers favour according to most people. The sad thing about it is the series will bring out some of the most disgusting behaviour from the idiots in both fan bases. One of the worst things about the internet age.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I don't think you wrote facts in regards to the run and gun style the Oilers apparently play. They do not play that way anymore, the Oilers have been focused on defense first and will miss offensive breaks to cover lanes in case of turnovers. Smarter hockey than you're probably used to seeing from this teamn

Ok, I'm not saying the Oilers are some defensive crapshoot, fine they don't play a strictly run and gun style, either do the canucks, but they don't play the style that the Preds just did, which is my entire point.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
By default, the Oilers are now Canada’s team with 19 Canadians right? :naughty:

They should also be considered Swedens team, under the impression EP continues his disappearing act. If he doesn’t, I guess it’s tied.

I honestly would low-key probably take the Canadians on the Oilers over the team we sent to the IIHF tournament. 😂

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Henrique - Brown
Foegele - McLeod - Perry
Ryan - Carrick - Gagner

Nurse - Bouchard
Kulak - Desharnais
Stecher - Ceci

Skinner

Vs

McCann - Cozens - Bedard
Hagel - Dubois - Mangiapane
Tanev - Grieg - Bunting
McBain - Mercer - Paul

Severson - Parayko
Guhle - Byram
Oleksiak - Power

Binnington

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
No I'm saying they won't completely change there style to beat us, they won't sacrifice offense to beat us the way the Preds did. Nashville didn't just try and limit chances they suffocated, and it cost them the series realistically.

Why is this so hard for you guys to understand?

Because the Oilers have been statistically one of the best defensive teams in the league for over 160 games now.

Literally this season the Oilers have the lowest scoring chance against numbers in the entire league, even when you include the tire fire 2-9-1 start to the season. If chances aren't your thing, the Oilers allowed 14 less goals than the predators did during the regular season and had top 5 GA numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad