GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
He always shoots along the ice or into crest.

He would've scored a lot in the 80s but goalies simply don't get beat often along the ice these days.

He either needs to raise the puck a foot off the ice blocked side or shoot top corner.
He also telegraphs every play he makes. We can't have this guy playing on a line with Pettersson and expect anything good to happen.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
The question is, do you split up Joshua - Lindholm - Garland after they score two goals this game to give EP better wingers? Say, Lindholm at least on his line?

I don't think you do. Not sure the solution is there this game. Just don't have the horses on the wing. A top 6 winger acquisition at the deadline could have been key in a situation like this.

I don't think Tocchet wants to play the lotto line.
Honestly PDG and Laff are better right now at sustaining play than Hog and Mik. Might be better just to load up 3 lines and play Petey with Bluegar and somebody.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Pretty obvious they felt they needed to add an Oiler to this panel to balance Bieksa.
Go offer Ryan Smyth a bag of money or something. Get an Oiler who was actually relevant, or at least played more than 200 games in the NHL.

It's not like Luke has some sort of skill as an analyst above other potential former Oilers for the job. I refuse to believe they couldn't find somebody better for this spot.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Honestly PDG and Laff are better right now at sustaining play than Hog and Mik. Might be better just to load up 3 lines and play Petey with Bluegar and somebody.

I think Mik has done a decent job at sustaining play. Hogs has been invisible

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
We're still playing with house money here, hit em' hard and work the cycle.

Pressure is on Edmonton to not blow a 4-1 lead against a team playing it's third string.

Reactions: I am toxic

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
Need to soften the oilers up a bit in the 3rd with eyes to making it a long series after tonight . Let’s see some hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad