GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Without Drai, you look to a guy like Pettersson to feast.

Hell, they don't even have Henrique either. You HAVE to start having that Pettersson line consistently winning its matchups if true.
We need to take both Mik and Hog off of him. Every time he makes a play in the ozone he doesn’t get the puck back because his wingers can’t sustain play

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
We need to take both Mik and Hog off of him. Every time he makes a play in the ozone he doesn’t get the puck back because his wingers can’t sustain play
The question is, do you split up Joshua - Lindholm - Garland after they score two goals this game to give EP better wingers? Say, Lindholm at least on his line?

I don't think you do. Not sure the solution is there this game. Just don't have the horses on the wing. A top 6 winger acquisition at the deadline could have been key in a situation like this.

I don't think Tocchet wants to play the lotto line.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Yep like others have said

Lotto line entire 3rd. Oilers defense is not like nashville. Canucks are getting some chances and skinner looking average

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Silovs will be fine. I'd come back with him on Friday.

Pettersson and Hronek have both looked better so far tonight.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
People need to chill.

The biggest thing is the Canucks don't need to win tonight, they just need to compete for the full 3600 seconds. Win the next game and it's a best of 5 , just fine for an underdog, esp if Drai is cooked.

Secondly, it only takes a few seconds to breath down the other team's system, then need to finish with the puck in the net. Can reunite the lotto line later in the third. If the team can score twice against saros with preds blocking, they can vent skinner.

Whatever, don't need to win, just compete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad