Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM01 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 5-4 (Joshua, Lindholm, Miller, Zadorov, & Garland) | LET’S GOOOOOOO

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Anyone notice where Draisaitl got hurt?

I think there was a weird moment in the 1st... in our end, in the camera side corner, where he slid out of frame in a really awkward way.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana and David71

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
What an effort. Team win through and through.

PP wasn't good. Either was Cole. Silovs had some bad luck, but wasn't great. Hoglander...love him but he really hurt Petey's game tonight.

Hronek. Zaddy, and Soucy had huge games. Best game in a while for Hronek and Soucy.

Lindholm, Garland, and Dak. Yes please.

Tbh I always thought McDavid was Batman to Drai's Robin, but when Drai "cramped uo" McDavid was invisible. Absolute clinic...made McDavid look like Ronald McDonald tonight.

Such a fun game to watch. When Lindholm made it 4-2, I felt good about our chances. Hope the boys sleep with a smile on their faces tonight
Tomorrow, time to get back to work.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
sit him out next game?
Interesting game. Definitely a memorable experience to be there live

Thought we started flat. By the end of that period, I thought we’d played them even but our f*** ups were in the net while we were missing. Cole & Myers looked horrendous

Second period, I thought we killed them. Felt better about our second than I did the first yet we were down 4–1. Lindholm’s goal was big. Demko saves both those deflections. Heck Skinner looked sharp until that 4-2 goal where you thought.. maybe

But it felt like they needed Draisaitl to not come back and for Silovs to come out hot. Neither of those were necessary… we didn’t give up a shot for 90% of the period and we killed them when Drai was back too.

And Skinner imploded, which is really good for us because it seemed like he had grown past that. Then again, you never know because they could win the next four and Skinner will point to this as his mental test.

Joshua with his first good game since game one vs NSH. Really good game for that entire line.

Hoglander looked pretty bad in this one but Mikheyev skated well and Pettersson looked dangerous, which is the first time we’ve been able to say that. Another situation where Mikheyev has a good game after a long break and kind of points to him needing another few months to get past the healing process

I’ve been a fan of the fourth line all playoffs and continue to be.

Soucy looked back to early season Soucy. Cole looked slow but Juulsen cost us game 2 vs Nashville (or at least was one of the three most at fault) so I don’t see that as a legitimate option

I’d go to DeSmith for game two

Tocchet won't change a winning lineup (which he shouldn't) - if they lose game 2 then sure.

Reactions: Indiana

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Powerplay needs to figure it out but it’s been a problem for over 2 months now. Having to go on a run without your powerplay contributing is an absolutely massive task to ask of your team.

Something has to give. Bruins run two split units, it’s almost time we do it just to do something different. It’s going to end our season eventually if we keep running the same personnel out there.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Powerplay needs to figure it out but it’s been a problem for over 2 months now. Having to go on a run without your powerplay contributing is an absolutely massive task to ask of your team.

Something has to give. Bruins run two split units, it’s almost time we do it just to do something different. It’s going to end our season eventually if we keep running the same personnel out there.
what would you propose? keep the first line intact but move some bodies around? say petterson dropped to 2nd unit. put zadorov in front of the net. or joshua.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
McDavid said he didn't mind their game and that they intended to defend like that... Jesus... They planned to play this way.

We limit them to 18 shots and they like their game, I wouldn't mind it either.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
crossheck from tyler myers earlier. he was talking to trainer mouthing "my back"
Could not find either play... Maybe I confused Draisaitl with someone else.

But could not find the Myers crosscheck either. There was a mean crosscheck to the lower back by Zad in the 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad