Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM01 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 5-4 (Joshua, Lindholm, Miller, Zadorov, & Garland) | LET’S GOOOOOOO

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
I don't believe it for one second.
It's so easy to just post whatever claim you want on social media without evidence and make a story of it.

Maybe Coffey flipped the guy off or gave him a dirty look because he was being obnoxious and banging on the glass, and the guy decided to turn it into a racism thing in order to destroy him?

People are drama merchants, man.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
One thing I noticed was that the Canucks forecheck was much more effective. Big difference between Skinner and Saros in puck retrieval on dump ins.

Saros puck handling (probably studied a lot under Rinne) just killed a lot of the Canucks ability to forecheck. People shit on the Canucks scoring that series but a lot of that had to do with Saros collecting everything and making it easy on his defense to transition out of the zone.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Chef Allvin, re-sign this man!

zaddy train.jpg

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Why?

You don’t think racism happens or that an ex player with a history might be an easiest. We need evidence, but why do you instinctively doubt it so strongly.
Because players and coaches are trained and instructed to not interact with opposing fans after a bad history in the NHL of players/coaches doing just that. It never ends well.

I'd even call bs if they claimed he flipped off the fans or something. It just doesn't really ever happen. Mocking a guy for wearing a turban would be insanely ****ing stupid and I doubt anyone who is responsible for coaching a team is stupid enough to do that and put his team's reputation in jeopardy.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
He has history of making discriminatory remarks. Odd he would engage with a fan though.
I have no idea about any history of discriminatory remarks but like you said it's odd he would engage a fan. I just can't see it. Definitely a misunderstanding or some douchebag making things up because that's what gets likes and attention on social media these days.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
May as well consider sports fanbases as races now, and I definitely made some hand gestures after each goal.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
It's so easy to just post whatever claim you want on social media without evidence and make a story of it.

Maybe Coffey flipped the guy off or gave him a dirty look because he was being obnoxious and banging on the glass, and the guy decided to turn it into a racism thing in order to destroy him?

People are drama merchants, man.
100%.

As I said before, if it actually ends up being 100% true I'll own it and rightfully condemn Coffey for it. I just don't believe everything I read like that. I don't automatically believe the worst about people like so many people like to do these days when they cry racism/misogyny/bigotry etc.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
He's been so good this playoffs. Strong along the boards, soft hands when making passes, sick ass shots, and back checking like a son of a bitch. Everything you want in a player.

I am so, so happy for BROCK BOESER aka our MVP of the playoffs so far.
SeLl HiGh, He'S tOo SoFt AnD sLoW tO eVeR bE eFfEcTiVe In ThE pLaYoFfS

:laugh:

Reactions: Ace of Hades

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Why?

You don’t think racism happens or that an ex player with a history might be an easiest. We need evidence, but why do you instinctively doubt it so strongly.
Why are you instinctively believing it so strongly? Why do people nowadays embrace this idea that it's automatically likely that straight white men in our society are bigots? Do you really believe that a coach, especially in the current social climate, is going to do something like that on this big a stage? Really?

Reactions: Petey O

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
This whole Coffey being racist is the most bullshit thing I've ever heard. Anyone who believes it without proof is a clown.

Enjoy the win, and let's not try to turn this into something that's bigger than the game itself.

With that said let's go CANUCKS!

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Should’ve been a 5-2 game. I’m glad they sat Cole. Simply wasn’t his night.

I’m okay with giving him the pass. He was excellent during the Nashville series, hopefully it was just a one off.

Zadorov, my goodness, he’s blossomed into a top 4 defenseman. By far our best defenseman during these playoffs so far.

Joshua… man oh man he’s having a similar impact Nichuskin has with the Avs. Another player who’s just elevated his game.

Miller/Boeser were dynamite. Boeser’s 200ft game has grown so much. What a beast he’s been.

Lindholm and Garland with some huge games. Lindholm was huge defensively again tonight.

Pettersson easily had his best game of the playoffs. He was engaged, had some good chances, and looked like he had a step.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Last thing I'll say and then I'll drop it.

Go to that guy's Twitter account. His last post before that one was April 6. Before that, January 18. He has 69 followers. But make a racism post and suddenly you've got 903 likes and 125K impressions. That's how freaking easy it is.

EDIT: Just saw Vector's post. I'm done now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sometimes it's not just the fact that you 'win' but the 'way you win. Going down 4-1 in an NHL playoff game should be lights out. But they just kept coming and took advantage of some brutal goaltending by Skinner.

Has to give this group a ton of confidence moving forward.....not sure what they do about the goaltending though, as Silovs had a tough night. Glad Tocchet stuck with him for the third period.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Man, posting sure slows down on these boards post-game and post-10pm. Y'all go to bed too early. ;)

Reactions: Red

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad