Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 6 | Oilers def. Canucks 5-1 (Hoglander) | Anyone…anyone…Canucks?

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
That performance embarrassed the entire city, fanbase, and franchise. Game 7 win won’t be enough to make up for this disappointment. Shocked at the terrible showing tonight in an elimination game to advance to the Western Conference Finals of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
People disagree with me but we've been shit for the last 3 games. So either the team is running out of gas or we're due for a good one.

Miller and Hughes have been the engine all season but they've been sputtering in this series. We'll need them to lead like we know they can in game 7.

Despite the piss poor effort tonight, Edmonton hasn't shown me anything to suggest they're going to run away with this. If the Canucks play like they can, they have a good shot. And my feeling is the referees will put their whistles away in game 7 and let the boys play, especially considering the Canucks are likely sending multiple videos to the league questioning them on soft calls and dives.

Definitely go with Silovs in game 7. Not a great game from him but very few players go through long stretches without an off night. He's proven he's mentally tough; I'd be a lot more worried about some of our better players (and I'm not even including Petey here because I've pretty much given up on him being a force in these playoffs at any point).

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Tocchet should abdicate the PP duties to the Sedins immediately, I literally don't even care if they just institute whatever system they were using in 2011. At least the forwards weren't glued into place in that system.
Whose to say they haven’t though, that drop pass entry has Sedin written all over it.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
People disagree with me but we've been shit for the last 3 games. So either the team is running out of gas or we're due for a good one.

Miller and Hughes have been the engine all season but they've been sputtering in this series. We'll need them to lead like we know they can in game 7.

Despite the piss poor effort tonight, Edmonton hasn't shown me anything to suggest they're going to run away with this. If the Canucks play like they can, they have a good shot. And my feeling is the referees will put their whistles away in game 7 and let the boys play, especially considering the Canucks are likely sending multiple videos to the league questioning them on soft calls and dives.

Definitely go with Silovs in game 7. Not a great game from him but very few players go through long stretches without an off night. He's proven he's mentally tough; I'd be a lot more worried about some of our better players (and I'm not even including Petey here because I've pretty much given up on him being a force in these playoffs at any point).

Beauty of game 7 is that nothing matter, just one good/bad game, after which you're either resting to play Dallas, or pack your shit and fly to Cancun.

Reactions: rea

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Bouchard has outplayed Hughes to an embarrassing degree. More disappointed in him than Pettersson.
Based on production? I mean Hughes isn't giving that part to us like he can, but he's not costing us defensively. Bouchard, u either get good or bad. He's cost them and they've spoken about it as much too. We never talk about Hughes like the Oilers do, saying things like oh I guess we get this version of Bouchard today f*** lol.

It'd be nice if he added some production, but dude literally is one of the only reasons we ever enter o zone clean on a pp. He is so dependable holding the line, passes are crisp. We all have differing views of players, but he's imo not a problem in our system atm

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Last edited:

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
That performance embarrassed the entire city, fanbase, and franchise. Game 7 win won’t be enough to make up for this disappointment. Shocked at the terrible showing tonight in an elimination game to advance to the Western Conference Finals, The Final 4, of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

If they win Game 7, no one will ever talk about Game 6 ever again.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Based on production? I mean Hughes isn't giving that part to us like he can, but he's not costing us defensively. Bouchard, u either get good or bad. He's cost them and they've spoken about it as much too. We never talk about Hughes like the Oilers do, saying things like oh I guess we get this version of Bouchard today f*** lol.

It'd be nice if he added some production, but dude literally is one of the only reasons we ever enter o zone clean on a pp. He is so dependable holding the line, passes are crisp. We all have differing views of players, but he's imo not a problem in our system atm

Hughes wasn’t good defensively today, but yea, don’t understand the Bouchard takes. All he’s done better than Hughes is shoot well when he has two of the best players in the world creating lanes for him. And he hasn’t been close to what Hughes does at his best

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44 and rea

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Lol just told off Shannon the hockey guy for wearing a mcdavid jersey like wanna sell clicks to oiler fans move lol

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Again I maintain that the Canucks were easily the better team but not because we were good, but because the Oilers were that bad.

We can agree to disagree.
We had the right tactics and the oilers couldn’t adjust in game. They switched it around and we couldn’t adjust.

you need the right tactics, can’t just expect players to make things work when the tactics works against them

deadinthewater992

May 7, 2024
Was it Cole that said, 'get ready to play a seven game series at the start of every round'?

Team simply has to get up, play for each other, and for an opportunity to advance to the WCF on home ice, come Monday night.

Reactions: supercanuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad