Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 6 | Oilers def. Canucks 5-1 (Hoglander) | Anyone…anyone…Canucks?

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Silovs turned back into a pumpkin, Oilers discovered we wilt under hard 2 man forecheck.

Tocchet failed to adjust to their adjustment, and for the second series straight didn't drop more forwards to relieve the forecheck pressure on his D. He didn't pull Silovs when he should have. They obviously haven't worked on the PP. A lot of this is on him. I get that they're on house money and he's still learning what the playoffs is about like the team is but come on. This is coaching 101.
So do we start Demko for game 7?

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Just wasn't our night. All credit to the Oil, they brought their O-game, and really protected Skinner.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
It means the D in front of him played great but overall he wasn’t tested much which gives us some hope.

Alright well cling on to skinner for some reason when the team lost 5-1. He did his job, thats all that matters imo.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Your displacement is embarrassing.

This team has accomplished so much in this playoffs so far.

Yep. I said it at the start of this series - house money.

Obviously I want to win. And even more obviously, I do NOT want to lose to the Oilers.

But most had us missing or barely qualifying for the playoffs this year. We got called the PDO frauds all year and won our division. We lost our starting goaltender in Game 1 of the first round, and still managed to win the series and now go to Game 7 of the second round against (for some reason) all the media’s favourite to win the Stanley Cup in the Oilers.

The season is already a massive success, regardless of this poor effort and even if they lose this series.

All that said - I think they can bounce back from this and I think they can do this. We’ve seen these guys are their best and tonight wasn’t it. They’ll be ready for the game of their lives on Monday night.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I know alot of the responses will be to call out players, rightfully so. But these players got them here, expecting them all to be great game in game out is illogical. Even the best player in the world was dogshit for a few games.

Sadly they all kinda mailed it today, but wtvr. They're gonna have to live with that, and I believe they'll come out blazing next game.

Emotions now I'm sure for everyone is high, but let's not be wishy washy and all of a sudden say shit like f*** this team, give up on them etc. This harsh reality is alot of the reason why other fan bases call ours fairweather. It's only good when it's good, but it's so easy to give up on them when it's not.

Win or lose Monday, they're my team. I won't give in to adding to a culture where the fans and media question a players value based on a small window. That's a Toronto thing and I ain't won't be a part of building that culture here.

Everyone touted ep for his ppg playoff stats previous, and now turn on him when there's a struggle, without knowing for sure what could be reasoning. Everyone gave up on boeser when he didn't match rookie expectations for a few years even knowing he was emotionally beaten. Garland jt miller etc. List goes on.

I know this is a bit of a rant, but the same ppl who talk the shit trying to sell them off, are the same ppl who praise them later like they're the best. Call them out for bad games, but expect and hope for them to bounce back when it happens. It's not our jobs to make personnel decisions. If you're a fan, it is your job to believe in your team to win, and cheer them on.

Anyways that was long don't care if it's read lol. Onto game 7 boys!

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Alright well cling on to skinner for some reason when the team lost 5-1. He did his job, thats all that matters imo.
I’m not clinging onto skinner I’m clinging on the whole team showing up, creating forecheck and chances and defending at the right times knowing when to go for it and when to hold back. But in this game they couldn’t get a good forecheck going not enough to test Skinner. The only real chance I saw was on I think the second pp they had that was it. No other time did they look dangerous.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad