GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
here's my trick to put up with oilers fans - block spector, follow matheson

the guy single handedly causes more pain to oilers fans than anything any canucks twitter hater could say. this is hall of fame glazing, it is incredible shit.

Sid Sixiero is dumb af.

The narrative is either:

“How could you start Skinner again?????”

Or

“You’re starting Pickard in a must win game????”

Reactions: Nick Lang

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
This will probably be my last post before the game starts.

But for all the shit that fanbase has been talking for the whole year with that pdo crap, let’s bury these motherf***ers!

The amount of salt that would form if we somehow PDO'd them the next two games to eliminate them could cover all of the french fries ever made by McDonalds.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
So, just a question is Silovs really our third string goalie? When our backup is healthy and Tocchet is choosing to play Silovs. Would that not hypothetically make him the second string goalie.

You have to go with the hot hand, Silvos hasn't given up the net at all since he took it.

Also, in Ian Clark we trust.

Reactions: nucks88

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I think they start their 3rd or 4th line to mix it up and try to take a dman to the box or sit out a few shifts.

Did you know that Zadorov was the fastest skater on Calgary?
The fastest top speed on the entire Flames roster so far this season was recorded by Nikita Zadorov with an impressive 37.62 KPH (23.15 MPH) top speed, while the remainder of the Flames defencemen hover around league average top speed for the position (33.98 KPH).
Leon Draisaitl - 23.30 mph
Dylan Holloway - 22.82 mph

I just never got into that 128 character messaging stuff.
AND
I have a speech impediment, I can't stop talking :D

They all have cups, for drinks, for measuring liquids but apparently there may some physical issues. No they all wear one I am guessing.

These players are an example of .... aging ...... sitting watching McD/Dras ....

It might split Edmonton's concentration more. The need or the feel of need to protect Picard and play more defensive. And the need to respond to the end of last game.

IMO it will be hard to go against their nature to sit back like the Canucks are.
The need to respond will result in a few PP for the Canucks and quite possible more really hard hits on Hyman, McD and Dras.

I think that the splitting of Dras and McD is more to keep them away from big hits.

Every game the Canucks have more warmed up and ready player to go a long game than the Oilers, too many of them are sitting too long to just be able to sustain long time pressure.

This game will be a mosh pit, a dog breakfast a melee. I think a lot of chaos on Edmonton's side.

It will be so easy for them to lose their crowd and start being booed. If the Canucks can get a lead and pressure them for a period and a bit the fans will rain boo's. So much pressure on the team and now all the pressure is on Picard.
The Great Wall of Chi . . . Text

Reactions: theguardianII

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Series is still likely to go six and maybe even seven games. All of which seems to something of shock to a lot of pundits and the Oiler faithful. But why?

When you broke things down at the start of the series, was there really such a 'huge gap' between the two teams? The Oilers have McDavid, Draisaitl and Bouchard. The Canucks have Miller, Pettersson and Hughes. Hyman scored 54 times tethered to McDavid, but Boeser scored 40 while bouncing around the lineup.

The Canucks beat the Oilers in all four meetings, and finished five points ahead of them in the Pacific Division. And Vancouver with Demko between the pipes looked to have an edge in goal, and they still have an edge with Silovs....which is the one development that truly is shocking.

But should the fact that this a tight series that might go either way be a real surprise to anyone?

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Pretty sure that only came from people overdosing on copium, trying to justify paying guys like Beagle and Gudbranson big money because "meat and potatoes" and "locker room".

Jimbo also brought on board real pieces of work like Prust and Dorsett, and extended Virtanen when everyone wanted him yeeted off the roster. But no one cared because the team was terrible anyways, not really because Jimbo actually succeeded in assembling any particular personality type.

What was wrong with Dorsett?

Reactions: I am toxic

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yup. Predictable is "boring". Wish there were a few more neutral observers in the main board discussions.
Main board discussions are hideous and worthless these days. Say anything that could be even slightly interpreted as negative about a team, and all their fans will jump down your throats.

If I whisper "Shannaplan is bad" I think a horde of angry Wings fans may appear here.

Zadorov does nail it. I mean, the league and the media would rather have the McDrai Oilers advancing to keep the neutral eyeballs on the playoffs going forward.

But the Canucks can provide a terrific underdog theme if they keep it going.
They would be the underdog, but I think they also have a legit shot at Dallas too.

Course, gotta take care of business first.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
We have to be extremely disciplined after the end of last game because they will be trying to call anything on us

Reactions: Nopefully

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Sid Sixiero is dumb af.

The narrative is either:

Or

sid sixiero is dumb af but so is ken holland

the problem is pickard or skinner (or jack campbell) as the three options lmao. they don't have a single goalie anywhere in their organization as good as casey desmith. in year 9 of mcdavid

just opened up a bet365 account for this series. the oilers are done.

Reactions: canucksfan

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Don’t f*** with Shelob
IMG_0229.png

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
They have2 of the best players in the world. We have a Norris trophy d man, and the 3 big boys on D. (Z, Hughes and Soucy). We have Miller Boeser EP and and great depth up front.

I have said this repeatedly. We are the better team, but a lot of it is going to come down to lucky bounces. They hit 2 posts last game, and we got a few deflections.

This game is going to be a toss up, but I think big Z is going to be pissed, and the Canucks will Be fired up as the Oil. McD is going to take a bunch of being roughed up for the bullshit he pulled. He deserved a suspension as much as Soucy did. Just bullshit.

Reactions: alicia

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Sid Sixiero is dumb af.

The narrative is either:

Or

This is a “this is not a drill” moment for the Oilers, start well and we could put them in a huge hole and cause some serious soul searching. Either way McDrai is playing 30 tonight. Target the shit out of them. Drag Kane into pointless shit. This is a huge opportunity.

Pattern for road games seems to be one 10-15 of solid hockey and another 5. Gotta use those windows.

Reactions: nucks88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad