GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I would've preferred to go up against Skinner tbh

I kinda prefer this. Like I said last night, this is Edmonton's silver bullet moment. If we beat them tonight, especially if it's a blow out. They're dead. They can't just pin everything on Skinner because now their backup also got lit up.

We need to play aggressive and push them to the brink. I just feel that if we win tonight, they don't have the mentally to rally back. Could be very wrong though but hey. Guess we'll find out.

Reactions: gsharpe and nucks88

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Zadorov has been an absolute gem these playoffs. Both on and off the ice. I'd really like to see him back. I know there are a lot of miles on his frame but if the team can get him back on a fair and realistic deal I think he'd be a real asset. He is built for playoff hockey. Love his attitude and personality.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Personally think hog has been given a bum wrap in this series. If you look at all the analytical data he has been one of our best forwards in controlling shots/chances. He was a lot worse in the previous series. I think he's the type to get a sneaky deflection goal playing on the 4th line.

4th line badly needs some skill to get more out of Blueger. Lafferty has been complete MIA in the playoffs.

Reactions: vancityluongo

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
With the implications of this game, I think he'd have to have broken a leg or an arm or something of the sort to miss tonight's game.
Wonder if it's the same hip flexor issue he had earlier. Both those hits he took ended up with some awkward landings so could've easily aggravated it.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Petey needs to recognize he's a helicopter. Don't look to make plays to his wingers. Just put the puck on net any chance he gets. Needs to go into this game with a mindset of get puck, shoot.

I was going to say the same. His wingers should be directed to forecheck and get the puck to him. EP's job should be to get open and take quick shot releases (no more darn hesitating!) or one-timers only. The wingers should then crash the net and hack away at rebounds.

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
Well if they split mcdavid and draisaitl.. you basically won't see their 3rd or 4th line all game.

deadinthewater992

May 7, 2024
Petey needs to recognize he's a helicopter. Don't look to make plays to his wingers. Just put the puck on net any chance he gets. Needs to go into this game with a mindset of get puck, shoot.

I have kind of given up on Petey this post season, tbh. But sure, now is a good time as any to come alive!

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I'm right there with you. This season has already been a massive success. Only reason I feel nervous is because knocking the Oilers out of the playoffs would be the funniest outcome possible.
Not only funny, but quite possibly one of the finals nails in the McDrai era.

Another Canadian team ousting the super dynasty that the NHL, Rogers and Sportsnet have been hyping would just be *chefs kiss*

The total humiliation of the Edmonton Oilers failed rebuild would be a top 3 sports memory.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010

Another Canadian team ousting the super dynasty that the NHL, Rogers and Sportsnet have been hyping would just be *chefs kiss*

The total humiliation of the Edmonton Oilers failed rebuild would be a top 3 sports memory.

No kidding. I mean I acknowledge both of their top players are fantastic but that team top down the roster is massively overhyped. I'm a natural pessimist but looking at every single freaking columnist saying Oilers in 6, like, really? What team are they seeing there?

If you told me beginning of this season where I wrote them off even making the POs I'd be very happy with a good showing at the second round, but man now that we're here... we just gotta take out the Oilers.

After that whatever happens vs. Dallas this is an excellent season for where the team was last year and how they are positioned going forward.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018

You forgot to log out of your shit posting account before posting this.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
I'm genuinely not sure if I could tell you the names of their 3rd and 4th liners.

I've watched all 3 games this series start to finish (and haven't watched much NHL at all before that) and maybe I haven't had enough sleep but gun to head I cannot name a forward after McDrai, Hyman, Kane and Perry, and only because I did a double take to notice that Corey Fairy is playing for the oil. All I keep hearing is Draisaitl, to McDavid, to Hyman etc. etc. when they're in our zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad