GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
One thing I hope the team is aware of is after the McDavid incident there b squad can be looking for some type of retribution especially on our top players. Catching them out of position and taking advantage of that emotion is something to look out for specifically someone by the name of Darnell Nurse and forwards like Jarnkrok, Kane and especially Perry.

Play it smart and take advantage.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
If Edmonton goes to Pickard, we have the perfect opportunity to break them. Show up tomorrow and light him up. Winning that game, especially after the McDavid nonsense and I think they're dead. No more excuses that Skinner is the only reason they're losing.

We need a huge effort tomorrow to show we're just the better team and not simply taking advantage of a bad goalie.

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Just saw the Hyman play again after the whole kerfuffle with McDavid. How the actual f*** does Soucy get a game but Hyman doesn’t at least get a fine there? Getting absolutely jobbed, especially after the bullshit that was allowed to slide in Game 2. Absolutely pathetic.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Just saw the Hyman play again after the whole kerfuffle with McDavid. How the actual f*** does Soucy get a game but Hyman doesn’t at least get a fine there? Getting absolutely jobbed, especially after the bullshit that was allowed to slide in Game 2. Absolutely pathetic.
This is why if we win tomorrow it will be that much more satisfying. Rub it into that eastern media especially calling for suspensions. Jerks.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Who knew that Silovs would give us the goaltending advantage. I don’t think it makes much difference whether Skinner, Pickard or Campbell are in net. None of those guys are very good. Just need to come out and push the play early and grab a lead.
Skinner is mentally broken and Pickard is a career journeyman. No help there. The one guy they could maybe go to, and probably should, is Campbell. Yes, he may absolutely crap the bed, but Skinner has already filled the bed with diarrhea, so no real danger there. But he also has it in him to play much better. Pickard is a desperation move that won't pay off.

That said I kind of expect Skinner in net again tomorrow, and I welcome it.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Skinner is mentally broken and Pickard is a career journeyman. No help there. The one guy they could maybe go to, and probably should, is Campbell. Yes, he may absolutely crap the bed, but Skinner has already filled the bed with diarrhea, so no real danger there. But he also has it in him to play much better. Pickard is a desperation move that won't pay off.

That said I kind of expect Skinner in net again tomorrow, and I welcome it.
I don’t think so the entire fan base wants him out of there it will be either Pickard or Campbell.

Edit: But with that said I welcome it because Skinner has only lost one goal games. I hope they put someone even worse in his place.

Reactions: M2Beezy

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I don’t think so the entire fan base wants him out of there it will be either Pickard or Campbell.
I would too if I was their fan, but fans don't make the call. They really don't have a good option to throw to, Campbell is the only real potential win but I think that's a huge long shot.

Either way it's not a problem. They can light up Pickard as well as Skinner.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
One thing I hope the team is aware of is after the McDavid incident there b squad can be looking for some type of retribution especially on our top players. Catching them out of position and taking advantage of that emotion is something to look out for specifically someone by the name of Darnell Nurse and forwards like Jarnkrok, Kane and especially Perry.

Play it smart and take advantage.

Eh, if they touch anyone just put McDavid or Draisaitl out of the playoffs.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
It’s not about that it’s about taking advantage when they get out of position. Guys like Nurse are prone to stupid plays just because the emotion can get to them.
Oh for sure, I'm just pointing out the inherent problem for a team who's pathway to winning is playing two players for half the game trying to take the game into the alley.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Pickard was pretty decent this year, we can definitely light him up but I definitely wouldn't underestimate him - hope the boys scout him out and not just put shitty perimeter shots into him.
I don’t know if they actually start Pickard. NHL coaches are very conservative and starting Pickard is a radical move. It’s also a very risky move. Pickard would have so much pressure on him. Though if Skinner sewers the oilers again, i think they start him in game 5

Reactions: mossey3535

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Noah Juulsen at the tender age of 14 saw his Canucks fall the the Bruins. Crying from him Surrey home, he hopes one day he can see his team win the cup.

in 2024 Juulsen the most improved player a long with Myers was playing very well for the Canucks. he struggled with some bad games near the end, which made him a healthy scratch and the 7th dman.

Now the team has called on a local kid to hold the fort for the Vancouver Canucks. his hometown team. Noah Juulsen knows how good he is. Juulsen will not let us his coach his team and his province down. Juulsen is going to do whatever it takes whether he plays 12 or 20 minutes. He will be ready. He will dawn the blue and green with his heart, and knowing this might be his only game as Canuck this playoffs, he's going to play 120%. you just know it. He's going to slam whatever oiler comes his way, you just know it. I believe in him. I just do.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Noah Juulsen at the tender age of 14 saw his Canucks fall the the Bruins. Crying from him Surrey home, he hopes one day he can see his team win the cup.

in 2024 Juulsen the most improved player a long with Myers was playing very well for the Canucks. he struggled with some bad games near the end, which made him a healthy scratch and the 7th dman.

Now the team has called on a local kid to hold the fort for the Vancouver Canucks. his hometown team. Noah Juulsen knows how good he is. Juulsen will not let us his coach his team and his province down. Juulsen is going to do whatever it takes whether he plays 12 or 20 minutes. He will be ready. He will dawn the blue and green with his heart, and knowing this might be his only game as Canuck this playoffs, he's going to play 120%. you just know it. He's going to slam whatever oiler comes his way, you just know it. I believe in him. I just do.

i predict a min of 4 very large hits from Juulsen (the ratio of them that take him completely out of position is TBD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad