GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
My take is that since Zads got a fine then McDavid should too for the slash and hopefully the league will notice that Soucy didn't actually intend for the crosscheck to be in the face but Zad's push from behind made it happen. Any more than a game would be unjust...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As much as I feel hyped, I think this is going to be a loss, and we come home with 2 - 2 split.
Despite the Canucks having a 2-1 series lead, the betting odds have shifted to basically being a 'toss-up'....I think there are a lot of of pundits and hockey sites are still predicting an Oilers victory in 6-7 games.

At least a 'game seven' in Vancouver would be delightful for the fans and the city, but there's a lot of nail-biting ahead.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yeah, can't help but feel like the league will be pushing to extend this series.

Hopefully the boys come out pissed instead of scared of getting punished for being physical

Either way, I'm not too concerned.

Would be nice to win the series and go further, but if we don't, like I said in another post, I'm still proud of our guys. They defied so much expectations, and through the previous years after Mr. Clean and Moleman took over, you could see that initially even when the results are not there, the team's culture is slowly being reshaped, Miller being the key factor, I believe. And this season everything just sort of reached criticality and everything snapped into place. It's not perfect, we still have lots of work to do, but this is the start of a new chapter that I seriously thought I'd never see for...another decade. Will it be enough? I think maybe not, as it seems like the Reign of Error had all but extinguished the hope of a championship. But who knows, with our new management in firm control of the team, and some luck, maybe, just MAYBE...Lord Stanley will eventually land in Vancouver?

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Hard disagree.
That's fair and maybe its receny bias but that third was beyond rough. I dont think he made 1 clear and had probably 6+ giveaways if not more. He had lanes and decided to throw everything across our own blue line.

When I notice defensive mistakes I'm seeing #7 be the culprit way to often for my liking.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong :laugh:

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don’t think the loss of Soucy for a game will be that big. He’s been struggling at times.
Likely means bigger minutes for the Zadarov/Myers pairing but they can handle it for one game.
Really need to keep hammering the Oilers. Outhit team 50-30 last game and that’s going to take a toll with McDrai playing almost 30 minutes.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Yep. As you walk towards the main entrance of Rogers Place , they have huge murals of each cup win on the side of the building. Then the last mural is the draft of McDavid. They really think that it's written in the stars that they will relive the 80's glory.

The days of questioning if Hoglander is an NHL player are over. But that's what you are doing. NHL players have bad games and stretches. So what.

On his day, Hogs can get 5 on 5 goals against good teams. Karrlson can't do that.

Hmmm, nope. I'm not questioning whether or not Hoglander is an NHLer. Where on earth did you get that from? I said nothing remotely of the sort.

Players who are lower on the depth chart that play poorly in the playoffs often get subbed out. I like Hoglander and how he plays a lot of times but I don't know how someone doesn't understand the substitution. It's pretty tough to claim Hog's is a shoe in to score and Karlsson can't possibly score 1 goal to beat him.

We'll see if you get your wish next game. RT and lots of coaches don't change a wining lineup unless forced to by injury or suspension.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
That's fair and maybe its receny bias but that third was beyond rough. I dont think he made 1 clear and had probably 6+ giveaways if not more. He had lanes and decided to throw everything across our own blue line.

When I notice defensive mistakes I'm seeing #7 be the culprit way to often for my liking.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong :laugh:
I do believe as of Game 2 the Oilers had scouted something in Soucy that they have been trying to take advantage of.

Specifically, they seem to believe if they pressure him he is bound to rush and make bad decisions. Attacking forwards are skating towards him and defenders are pressuring him at the point.

It’s already led to two goals against.

I think that is what you were describing with Soucy. I still think he is a greater presence with that game plan going against him than Juulsen.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Hello. Is there room on your bandwagon?

Pros: Zadorov fan and strong dislike of McDavid and Oilers fans.

Cons: extreme dislike of Ian Cole and enjoy making snarky comments about Makar vs Hughes.

We're all brothers here.

Come in, have a seat, here's a cold one. Enjoy.
fd144858fea98ed90f041b3af98c6c1a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad