GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Tocchet and coaching staff will get that locker room in line.

The veterans have gone through enough shit with Jim Benning, this won’t make a dent.

This is the crucial point, they can't go out tomorrow and step out of the system to try and make a big hit or make a stupid retaliatory crosscheck or nut shot on an Oiler since they are going to be scrutinizing the next game heavily and just ready to give the Oilers an extended powerplay.

Reactions: calnuck

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
One game is the minimum once they said they were looking at it and with the ridiculous uproar in the media. Can’t complain about that outcome. Can complain that it never should have gone to a hearing in The first place but whatever.

The Hyman one was is worse but the only thing consistent with league discipline is how inconsistent it is.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
The key is to not let the blatant screwjob get to their heads. The mental impact of knowing the screwjob is in is worse than losing Soucy for 1 game.

They let the absurdly unfair officiating make them overly scared to play their game in game 2, can't let that happen. Play through it, play to win and end the series anyways..

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The key is to not let the blatant screwjob get to their heads. The mental impact of knowing the screwjob is in is worse than losing Soucy for 1 game.

They let the absurdly unfair officiating make them overly scared to play their game in game 2, can't let that happen. Play through it, play to win and end the series anyways..

I suspect the NHL officiating crew are going to favour Edmonton next game regardless. Any retaliatory or physical play by the Canucks are going to be called.

Edmonton is down in the series and the NHL has a vested interest in prolonging this round.

Reactions: ziploc

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This team has experienced worse, they all remember when Jim Benning and Travis Green were on the team.

Haha, I myself tried not to and failed miserably.

But yeah, hoping the boys will stand up to the challenge, whatever it may be. Though I still think a 2-2 is the most likely result.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I suspect the NHL officiating crew are going to favour Edmonton next game regardless. Any retaliatory or physical play by the Canucks are going to be called.

Edmonton is down in the series and the NHL has a vested interest in prolonging this round.
I think so as well and we're just going to need to PK through the screwjob, not dial it down. The boys overcompensated by playing scared to do anything for fear of absurd officiating in the third period of game 2 and we'll never win like that.

Ribbit

Jul 30, 2022
BC
I already knew the league was a joke but their decisions really make me question if I should even bother watching hockey. They don't care about player safety, clearly. Nut checks are okay, slew-foots are okay, other guys crosschecking up high is okay as long as it doesn't LOOK as bad. Make it make sense to me. If you want to give Soucy a game fine, I might even agree with that, but if you don't call things fairly outside of the game, then what message are you sending to the players? Refs missing a call in real time is one thing, the League having all the tape and calling it unevenly is different.

Hopefully the players just go out and play, don't let it affect them, but it's a damn shame the league is the way it is.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Just goes to show you, if we wanna be a top tier cup contender, we'll have to tweak the roster obviously.

But the intangible thing we need, is to also make sure our media peeps can rally on our side, foaming at the mouths and blitz the playoff zeitgeist in situations like this.

It works because of how pathetic the NHL is, so we should try to leverage it too.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
It is what it is. Nothing we can do about it now. He will probably benefit from a game off to heal up that foot. I guarantee whoever fills in will be ready to go and the staff will have this team fired up. The NHL and the Oilers have given the Canucks more than enough motivation.
Sure hope you’re right

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I think the team uses this as motivation to win game 4 for Soucy. This team has everyone’s back. This will just bring the team closer imo.

Juulsen or Freidman in? I’d honestly strongly consider Freidman because of his non-erratic, safe game - similar to Soucy. Going Juulsen worries me that he’ll put himself out of position to make a hit and a goal gets scored on us.

Reactions: dez and wonton15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad