GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Can still be a fine. Anywhere from nothing to 5 games.
Really hoping it’s just a fine. It’s clear as day the intent wasn’t there and mcchicken was instigating. Zadorov got fined as well so move on. Expecting the opposite though

Reactions: Indiana

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The fact that he's getting a phone hearing doesn't bode well, and really worries me. And it's absolute nonsense. Next home game chant should be "f*** you parros".

The worst part is seeing the national media get up in arms about McDavid getting cross-checked like he's some sort of f***ing god. This god complex stuff is infuriating. Stop babying this entitled child.
DOPS lets literally everything go this playoffs. Slew foots? All good. Stick to the nuts? Who cares. Clock Marchand? We love it.

But so much as breath on McBabys***? Well, you're getting a sussy! It's absolutely pathetic. But at the same time, completely expected behaviour from the NHL.

I think we can all conclude Soucy is getting suspended at this point. If it was just a fine, it would have been announced like Zadorov. If it's more than 1 game, that's no-doubt evidence the league is biased in favour of McWhiner and the babys*** Coilers.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

This is getting huge attention, its gonna be a suspension for sure, probably multiple ganes

Reactions: Bgav

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
This is the Aaron Rome nonsense all over again. Its a bang bang double hit, and response to a wicked two hander to the legs.

Would be a new standard for that to result in a suspension, especially after Bennet got none for sucker punching a dude in response to, well, nothing (other than Marchand being a POS).

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

This is getting huge attention, its gonna be a suspension for sure, probably multiple ganes

Yup. I just cannot see it being less than 3 games.

Things working against Soucy:
- Soucy previously suspended in March 2021 (1 game)
- Biggest star in the league was leveled
- Media uproar about this
- Plays for the Vancouver Canucks

Also think the NHL is itching to make an example out of someone. There's been too many cheapshots and dirty plays....

These guys should stick to foosball

"That's a low....low bri, uh uh uhhhhhhh low bri.......uhhh uhhhh low bridge."

LOW BRIDGE?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Also think the NHL is itching to make an example out of someone. There's been too many cheapshots and dirty plays....

Even members of the Oilers media are saying it’s unlikely to be more than 1 game due to intent and the Pietrangelo/Drai precedent last year.

Multiple games is so obscene I can’t see them doing it.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
A fragile alliance of the enemy of my enemy, I'll take it all day, everyday.

I think in all seriousness, if McDavid had not whined so much, and instead just focus on punishing other teams after transgressions by scoring or a stellar shift of on-ice performance, he'll have much more support from places other than that miserable f***ing city of Edmonton where there's literally nothing besides hockey.
image.jpg

The way McDavid was imposing himself on the ref on the Zadarov/Kane hit was sad.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

"That's a low....low bri, uh uh uhhhhhhh low bri.......uhhh uhhhh low bridge."

LOW BRIDGE?
If the playoff game suspension multiplier is 4x... you think that Soucy would've got a 12-game suspension for that in the regular season?

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
The Canucks have shown up for about 20 minutes in each of the first 3 games and have come away with 2 victories and an overtime loss.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
My guess is two games for Soucy, which sucks, the intent wasnt there but it happend. After the whistle, on the star of the league. If it was on Foegle thered be nothing imo but is Mcdavid so 2 games I bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad