GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
And in regards to McDavid and how you play him, you're likely going to get a penalty if you touch him in any way, shape, or form: stick near his skates and he's down in a heap, push on him in his upper body and he's snapping his head back etc.

So, you might as well just make it count and beat the brakes off him if you're getting a penalty most times.
Its such a joke though..Essentially, he could instigate at will, and get nothing...any retaliation will wind up in fines and suspensions.

Reactions: Indiana and timw33

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
It'll be Juulsen 100%. He had a rough go his last game, but has definitely earned the first look with his season as a whole.

Soucy out moves Cole back to the left side, which should lead to him playing better (hasn't been terrible other than the start of GM1, but has been unlucky). Some question about how the pairings will look (Cole or Zadorov with Myers?) but next man up.

Shouldn't be more than 1 game, if that. Really, before McDavid buckled, it was going to be more of a "get out of my face" push to the chest than a cross check imo. Zadorov's cross check was a bit vicious, glad he got his money's worth. But Soucy's was bad luck more so than intent to injure.

But it's getting air time and it's McDavid. Won't shock me if it's the maximum 5 games for a phone meeting, as outrageous as that would be.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
This is my first real exposure to the older Oilers reporters and every single one of them are absolutely miserable useless f***s. Jim Matheson, Mark Spector, Terr Jones, etc. As much shit as the current Canucks media gets, I don't think they are anywhere near this level.

Hah how old are you? These dudes were legendary trolls for years in the WCE era. Weren’t as prominent when the Oilers sucked and were completely irrelevant circa Sedins but they didn’t go anywhere.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Hah how old are you? These dudes were legendary trolls for years in the WCE era. Weren’t as prominent when the Oilers sucked and were completely irrelevant circa Sedins but they didn’t go anywhere.

38. I have made a habit of ignoring all print media, including Canucks, for pretty much my entire life. It's only through twitter am I being exposed to these bozos.

I've heard all their names before. Mostly Oilers fans saying how stupid Spector is. I had watched Jim Matheson call Draisaitl pissy recently. I was aware of them, except Terry Jones, but they never entered my atmosphere.

Reactions: Indiana

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I've hated Simpson for a very very very long time. Not even for any sort of bias, I think he's a bad colour commentator. Incredibly boring with no whit, humour, interesting stories, nor real emotion. The only positive, and if you watch any 2011 highlights, is he seems to have got over his "Goalie had no chance" problem. I guess the other positive is he has a clear and crisp voice.

Craig Simpson was always bad. He relied on too many soundbites during the 2010's which made him sound like a generic voice in an EA game.
"Lack of experience."
"More experience."
"Sometimes you don't just know any better which helps your cause."
"Sometimes it's the game within the game."
"Goaltender ____ way to deep in the net." (even when they aren't)
"The perils of _____"

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
38. I have made a habit of ignoring all print media, including Canucks, for pretty much my entire life. It's only through twitter am I being exposed to these bozos.

Yeah my exposure is mostly radio back in the day but the battles between the Oilers homer crew and guys like Pratt, Gallagher and the old CKNW crew back then were hilarious.

Reactions: Indiana and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Yeah my exposure is mostly radio back in the day but the battles between the Oilers homer crew and guys like Pratt, Gallagher and the old CKNW crew back then were hilarious.

I never liked radio and my family didn't like hockey so never was something I came across. Really informed my preferences for more measured and nuance discussions and articles over hot-takes and arguments.

• Love

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Old people and there willingness to grate cheese just shows how tough they actually are.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
You know how to beat the bullshit? Win game 4.
We can rant about it now but whatever the f***, league is is inconsistent as shit.

If it was Quinn Hughes being suspended, then that would be a problem. We got the depth to cover for Soucy
Just win baby, Jewlson will be fine and is arguable more punishing than Soucy.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I never liked radio and my family didn't like hockey so never was something I came across. Really informed my preferences for more measured and nuance discussions and articles over hot-takes and arguments.

You don't do print, you don't do radio. Where do you get your news, Facebook and YouTube?

• Haha
Reactions: TruGr1t

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Reilly one is completely different in that McDavid was a willing participant in an after whistle scrum (yes it was end of game but ultimately it was an after whistle thing). The worst of the bunch is the Mangiapane one which is just brutal. That was 1 game.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
You don't do print, you don't do radio. Where do you get your news, Facebook and YouTube?

Previously, I watched the games, Sportspage, and then Sportsnet/TSN/Headline Sports(The Score). I did used to read Gary Mason’s articles in the Vancouver Sun.

Now I follow the relevant people on Twitter and heavily curate my feed. Then if something interesting comes up, I drill deeper.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I've been watching Hockey for nearly 40 years as a Canucks fan - I'm sure Soucy will get at least 1 game because that's how the league DOPS works. There's never any consistency and rarely nuance and any chance to screw Vancouver is one they'll take.

Take it and move on. Juulsen can be quite solid if he plays a safe game and doesn't try to do anything extra like making big hits. Problem is he often needs a few games to get into rhythm, so I hope he's been practicing hard.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Man, if we can somehow win game 4 with all the noise happening right now, that would truly be some delicious icing.

In Tocchet we trust:

1715619922312.jpeg

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
I've hated Simpson for a very very very long time. Not even for any sort of bias, I think he's a bad colour commentator. Incredibly boring with no whit, humour, interesting stories, nor real emotion. The only positive, and if you watch any 2011 highlights, is he seems to have got over his "Goalie had no chance" problem. I guess the other positive is he has a clear and crisp voice.
Jack Edwards of the North. 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad