GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Zadorov got fined $5k. Probably means Soucy is suspended.

Where is the fine for McBaby? Nothing Zadorov did at the end is any worse than McDavid's slash. This is unbelievable bias.

The skate kick by Kane was way more dangerous than anything at the end. I truly hate this league.
Hoglander was fined for slew foot earlier this year. DeAngelo was suspended last year for a spear. Where are those two from game 2 then?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Setting a very interesting precedent here. I would be really pushy if I’m VAN about some of the things Hughes has gone up against (namely those slewfoots), Kane’s kick out at Zadorov’s face, and the spear on Hoglander.

Also, McDavid should get a fine for a two
hand slash there if Zadorov got one for his stick infraction.

The soucy one… his stick was way too high regardless of McDavid falling to his knees. I think it was reckless, albeit with an exacerbated result.

I actually do think it’s deserving of a game suspension, BUT WITH A HEAVY ASTERISK that Kane’s kick out deserves a suspension and there should be a few other fines as well.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
2 playoff games would be insane. Its fine worthy, but McDavid tax should bump it up to 1 game

If this happened to anyone but McDavid, I don't even see there being a fine. This is the league trying to protect its assets.

And given how hard the NHL has come down on the Canucks previously, nothing would surprise me here in terms of suspension length.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
If this happened to anyone but McDavid, I don't even see there being a fine. This is the league trying to protect its assets.

And given how hard the NHL has come down on the Canucks previously, nothing would surprise me here in terms of suspension length.

If there's a suspension then Soucy should have hit him harder to make it worth it and take Mcdavid out. That was a light tap. Hope Oilers fans read this, I'm in Canuckland so **** off. :D

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Ugh yeah, I'm catching up on the media frenzy around the crosscheck, wow, must be nice to have public facing media types advocating so hard for your team Edmonton. Soucy gonna get suspended almost for sure.

f***, that's gonna hurt, he's been a rock for us.

Reactions: Red and Grub

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Ugh yeah, I'm catching up on the media frenzy around the crosscheck, wow, must be nice to have public facing media types advocating so hard for your team Edmonton. Soucy gonna get suspended almost for sure.

f***, that's gonna hurt, he's been a rock for us.

Tell the AI to make a crying Mcbaby meme.

• Haha
Reactions: I am toxic and Flik

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
2 playoff games would be insane. Its fine worthy, but McDavid tax should bump it up to 1 game
NHL will do anything to give an advantage to the face of the league. 1 game can help them even up the series and nobody outside Vancouver will bat an eye lash.

Reactions: I am toxic

afrocentric

Apr 29, 2010
Not sure if this is still the metrics the league uses to determine playoff suspensions. And while they don't go into 1st and 2nd round, in the WCF and SCF 1 game is equivalent to 8-10 regular season games.

For the sake of argument, lets assume in Round 2, 1 game suspension is equivalent to 4-6 Regular season games... does that seem like a fair punishment for Soucy's high hit on McDavid? While I think it was a hair brained cross check by Soucy and definitely warrants some sort of disciplinary action, 4-6 regular season games seems grossly high for something that was started by the other player.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Look man, I'd be pissed if the same thing happened to one of our players... but also if one of our guys was doing two handed chops at people I'd expect that player to get punished too. This one way nonsense is comical.

cry baby.jpg

Also I guess we've truly arrived in the playoff scene. The hate is beginning to grow, and we're becoming villains yet again. Go Canucks!

Win game 4 for Soucy!

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Soucy is definitely getting suspended, considering they already announced Zadorov's fine.

League is absolute horse****, as usual. DOPS has allowed everything to go by this playoffs, including Bennett clocking Marchand, blatant spearing of the nuts, etc. But McPissbaby starts some s*** and now the league has to do their thing, screwing over the Canucks at every opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad