GDT: WCSF | GM 3 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sunday, May 12th | 6:30PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007

No Sutherland tonight, thank goodness.

Dude got hella ratio'd on his story, and rightfully so :laugh: What a hack job.

I wouldn't be surprised if the actual lines end up like this late game once they shorten the bench:

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Lindholm
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Karlsson-Aman-Lafferty

Can't imagine they throw Karlsson and Aman in and play them more than 5-7 minutes unless they show really well in the first period.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don't mind the idea of trying out Karlsson with Petey tonight. Hoglander hasn't been doing anything offensively so getting somebody anybody with a bit of finish to help out Petey has to be worth at least a peek. If it doesn't work, then you can sit him down for Game 4, but in a tied series and searching for offence I don't think it's that outlandish an idea. Obviously finding a compliment for Petey should be a priority in the off-season but unfortunately that doesn't help us in these playoffs. At least Mikheyev is sound enough defensively to cover for any potential mistakes on Karlsson's part.

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Cole has mostly played well these playoffs, other than game 1 and a bad break at the end of game 2. If it does get to the point where you need to make a change I think Friedman would be fine. He can skate and will play a safe game, don’t think he would hurt you. A rusty Juulsen scares me a bit though, so I would be hesitant to go to that. He’s been out for quite a while at this point.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Dude got hella ratio'd on his story, and rightfully so :laugh: What a hack job.

I wouldn't be surprised if the actual lines end up like this late game once they shorten the bench:

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Lindholm
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Karlsson-Aman-Lafferty

Can't imagine they throw Karlsson and Aman in and play them more than 5-7 minutes unless they show really well in the first period.

You don’t even have to dig hard to find troves or articles of Spector crying about officiating not going the Oilers’ way (or his loud proclamations that he didn’t want the Canucks to win in 2011). He’s the kind of guy who drifts in and out of consciousness while mid sentence, and can’t remember what he was saying or what he has said.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I don't mind the idea of trying out Karlsson with Petey tonight. Hoglander hasn't been doing anything offensively so getting somebody anybody with a bit of finish to help out Petey has to be worth at least a peek. If it doesn't work, then you can sit him down for Game 4, but in a tied series and searching for offence I don't think it's that outlandish an idea. Obviously finding a compliment for Petey should be a priority in the off-season but unfortunately that doesn't help us in these playoffs. At least Mikheyev is sound enough defensively to cover for any potential mistakes on Karlsson's part.
If you want to contend then you have to go all in via UFA for Sam Reinhart or Jake Guentzel. How you fit them at the 9+mil cap they will get....no clue.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Think we need to recognize the Lotto Line isn't a thing anymore. They haven't got extended runs together in the playoffs, but they have had shifts together in pretty much every game. And they've done nothing positive when on the ice together. Not even some extended OZ time. Basically hemmed in their own zone vs EDM and NSH. I see completely why Tocchet scoffs every time a reporter asks about them.

Also don't think on the road is where you break up the strength down the spine philosophy. The amount McDrai are going to play tonight, having one of Miller, Lindholm, or Petey in the middle as much as possible 5v5 is a positive. I see talk about a "punt line" here, but are you really okay with Suter-Blueger-Mihkeyev playing 20+ minutes, or at least big minites 5v5? I'll pass on that thanks.

At home, if McDrai are together, I could see going JTM-Lindholm-BB, but on the road I think we need to keep our 3 high end 2 way C separated to minimize bad match ups. And a 4th with Blueger is much better when they inevitably get stuck out vs 97 than Aman.

Was hoping to see Podz get in. His speed and physical play would potentially be valuable. Hasn't earned the trust of the coach yet though, but I'd roll the dice. Easy for me to say though.

Surprised at Karlsson getting the nod. Just doesn't have the wheels to be an effective F1 vs a fast team. But in the OZ, especially if he's not on the ice vs Ekholm, he might have enough offensive tools and instincts to get that line on the board. Either way, always exciting to see fresh faces. Hope he shocks the world tonight.

Just need a split in EDM, so might as well get the W tonight. No way the refs can miss as many blatant and dangerous calls this game. Right?...Right!?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Liking that Cole stays in. He has played as good as youd hope for a 4/5 these playoffs, with the one bad game in game 1 of this series. Unfortunate unacceptable error in game 2 of course. But he is a seasoned vet. Id put money he has a quiet solid night tonight

Hoglander needs to be out so that makes sense.

Not sure why Lafferty is not also taking a rest, he really hasnt done anything these playoffs. Wheres that Lafferty from the start of the season that made us proud of that 5th round pick trade for him??

If PDG is also out Id almost prefer Podkolzin instead of Aman, but I guess Aman brings some PK ability and faceoffs. Pretty useless otherwise. Podz can be useless too other than hitting and forechecking I guess. Coin flip really

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
No way the refs can miss as many blatant and dangerous calls this game. Right?...Right!?
PHOTO-PAGE-ACCUEIL_800x600-2.jpg

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Getting an early goal would be big - get them to load up on McDrai again and wear those f***ers down. Long series.
the vanncouver Defense need to make life a living hell for mcdavid and draistial. if nurse and hyman can push our best players headfirst into the boards without getting a call. vancouver should do the same. playoffs whistles taken away. time do wreck havoc on those superstars.

Reactions: Jovofan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad