GDT: WCSF | GM 2 | Colorado Avalanche at Dallas Stars | 8:30PM CT | TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Stars have outscored the Avs in this series and they managed to tie it up tonight which they really needed before leaving Dallas, so it's not that bad. Definitely need more offense in the 3rd though.
They “outscored” them because they scored an empty netter lol. Both have were basically one goal games.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirty Dan

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Colorado has an edge in high-end talent, but I think Dallas is a deeper/more complete team. I think it'll be a close Series, whichever team wins I think will rightfully earn it as the "better team"

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Please don’t start this narrative again lol. The only difference for the vast majority of the year was his decision making.
There was talk from at start of the season that Makar had an injury they were going to manage while he played games.

It's pretty hard to deny that his skating is worse and less explosive this season. The best place to see it is when he's playing the point. In previous seasons he was able to use his skating to just blow past the man covering him, he hasn't been able to do that this season.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Only two games, but the switch-on, switch-off nature of the Stars play isn't all that cool to me.
I hope the series improves in that respect.

TippinOn44s

Oct 8, 2013
If you're Colorado, you have to be happy going back home 1-1 with how badly they played.

If you're Dallas, your lungs are probably already burning thinking about that thin air in Denver.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

JimmyH

May 19, 2018
Texas
"outscored”
Well even with quotation marks the series is tied after tonight, and subtracting empty nets the goals-scored is also tied, so I'm just saying I don't see why Dallas needs to start crapping their pants. Both teams have allowed the momentum to swing quite badly but tonight it wasn't enough to blow the game.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Only two games, but the switch-on, switch-off nature of the Stars play isn't all that cool to me.
I hope the series improves in that respect.
Honestly I think it has more to do with how elite the Avs are than the Stars switching it off. The Stars didn’t exactly turtle in the 3rd this game and still had some good chances.

The Avs are just that good.

Such an even match up so far and it should be a great series the rest of the way. Both teams look prime to win the cup this season.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
There was talk from at start of the season that Makar had an injury they were going to manage while he played games.

It's pretty hard to deny that his skating is worse and less explosive this season. The best place to see it is when he's playing the point. In previous seasons he was able to use his skating to just blow past the man covering him, he hasn't been able to do that this season.
To the first part, he was asked about it mid season and he said it was no longer a thing.

To the second, I absolutely deny that he’s less explosive. The man was leading the league in minutes per game for most, if not all, of the season. He may have something small but if he does so what, many players play through stuff all the time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yea, that star power scoring all those goals in the third period?

Colorado lost because their stars players didn't show up tonight.
I never said they would show up every day, no athlete can have an amazing game every single time in their life.

How are they better team when they are comprised of four players?
If Avs are comprised of four players, does that make Dallas have only 2 relevant players and a Lester Green on the back-end?

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Going forward, I think this series could be decided by who fixes which of these problems first: the Avs with their 1st period problems to start the game, or the Stars with their 3rd period issues closing it out. As mentioned, neither team has played a 60 minute game yet. Shaping up to be a great series, we'll see how it goes as it moves to Denver.

Reactions: Kcb12345

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Stars have outscored the Avs in this series and they managed to tie it up tonight which they really needed before leaving Dallas, so it's not that bad. Definitely need more offense in the 3rd though.
Solid cope for losing home ice and having to go play at altitude
Pavelski looking dangerous this playoffs:

9GP 0G 1A 1P, -2, 8 SOG.
Still good enough for a few against the Avs this series, don't worry about that

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Back to the series thread

Tossed.gif

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status