Pre-Game Talk: WCSF | Game 6 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | Sep 3 | 6:45PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: September 3, 6:45PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific, NBCSN
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Golden Knights Lead Series 3-2

The Canucks have come back from being down 3-1 in a series more than any other team in NHL History.

1992, vs. Winnipeg

244EC9FB-28B4-4A7B-97FC-183C80443455.jpeg

1994 vs. Calgary

6E5E4E4D-DF10-4E52-AE94-8A18EB53C0CE.jpeg

2003 vs. St. Louis

EC710D11-1444-4576-96F5-882F901B2D9D.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Pearson - Pettersson - Toffoli
Boeser - Horvat - Miller
Roussel - Gaudette - Sutter
Motte - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Tanev
Hughes - Myers
Fantenberg - Stecher

Demko

Canucks’ Top Scorers:
Elias Pettersson - 15GP, 7G, 11A, 18Pts
JT Miller - 15GP, 5G, 11A, 16Pts
Quinn Hughes - 15GP, 1G, 13A, 14Pts

Vegas Golden Knights’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Pacioretty - Karlsson - Stone
Marchessault - Stastny - Smith
Cousins - Roy - Tuch
Carrier - Stephenson - Reaves

McNabb - Schmidt
Martinez - Theodore
Merrill - Whitecloud

Lehner

Golden Knights’ Top Scorers:
Mark Stone - 13GP, 6G, 9A, 15Pts
Shea Theodore - 13GP, 5G, 10A, 15Pts
Reilly Smith - 13GP, 4G, 8A, 12Pts

Let’s keep the Dadrock Playoffs Going! Never Say Die!
5355819F-BFAC-4E11-BC04-0C9D12EFE063.jpeg

OPERATION 19 WINS:

Wins 1-3 vs. Minnesota:

Wins 4-7 vs. St. Louis:

Win 8 vs. Vegas:

Win 9 vs. Vegas:
https://youtu.be/M4Oc-QIb264

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!​

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
So, do we ride the hot hand or go back to the guy that got us here?

Such a difficult decision.

I feel like if we had started Markstrom yesterday, the final score would have been 4-2 VGK. Demko played the game of his life. Not sure if he can maintain that.

Whatever happens, we have now not only taken out the defending champs, but given the VGK a legitimate scare in taking them to 6 games. The boys deserve a TON of credit for how they've battled back all playoffs long.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
So, do we ride the hot hand or go back to the guy that got us here?

Such a difficult decision.

I feel like if we had started Markstrom yesterday, the final score would have been 4-2 VGK. Demko played the game of his life. Not sure if he can maintain that.

Whatever happens, we have now not only taken out the defending champs, but given the VGK a legitimate scare in taking them to 6 games. The boys deserve a TON of credit for how they've battled back all playoffs long.

I think the real question is will Markstrom even be ready to go? He didn’t even dress yesterday. I’m inclined to think that whatever is ailing him might not be remedied in the next 48 hours.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Gotta expect all the pressure to be on Vegas here, the boys can play hockey without the expectations Vegas has for themselves, all series long they haven’t respected us, I think they are guilty of thinking ahead and won’t take us seriously until game 7 where we will have the momentum. First things first - win the next game

Reactions: Ginger Papa

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Before the playoffs started I thought Vegas would be by far the toughest matchup for the Canucks and nothing has changed my opinion. We were quite lucky to win the last game as I thought the team looked like they’d lost their confidence.
But now it gets interesting. If the team can get new energy from Demko’s heroics and build on the last game this could be a great game 6. All I expect is them to come out with better energy and play their hearts out. If they do that and get great goaltending again then we could be heading to a game 7 coin flip game. And who wouldn’t have taken those odds when the playoffs started?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Get the win and bring it to game 7 boys!!!!

Also want to see MacEwan in the lineup. Jake comes out?
I want Mac in, but not for Jake. I would love to see Sutter sit for a game, or maybe Gaudette who did not have a great game. More speed and size is what I would like, someone who will actually make the Vegas D keep their heads up when retrieving the puck.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
We desperately need a goal from the bottom six if we want to push this to a seventh game. Motte has been the catalyst for the bottom six. Hoping for a goal from him or one of Roussell or Virtanen.
Sutter and Roussel came close last game, and Motte was definitely burning the motor and blocking shots. Beagle made a good play at the very end but was otherwise his very Beagle self. Gaudette has skill but hasn’t really put it together and seems lost in the physical play. Virtanen remains a tantalizing yet unripened box of potential.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Sutter and Roussel came close last game, and Motte was definitely burning the motor and blocking shots. Beagle made a good play at the very end but was otherwise his very Beagle self. Gaudette has skill but hasn’t really put it together and seems lost in the physical play. Virtanen remains a tantalizing yet unripened box of potential.

Im only doing this because last time it had a positive effect

I’m done with Virtanen I’m over it, he can be traded for a bag of pucks

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm reasonably confident if they play another game where Vegas has over 70% of the scoring chances and 80% of the high danger chances (all situations) this likely won't be going to game 7. You can only dodge that bullet so long.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Been really disappointed in Gaudette, actually. He's taken some poor penalties and hasn't had a single point in 8 games.

This is a guy that performed at a 56 point pace in the regular season. I get that he's young and likely suffered a bit of a blow to the ego after being scratched to start the playoffs, but I expected at least a couple of goals by now. I really hope he turns it up to another gear in the next game, as we rely heavily on the energy and offense he brings to the bottom six.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Unfortunately this is a home game, where we have horrible record, while being great on the road. If I was coach Green I would be questioning what I have been doing with the last change and make adjustments. I like him playing Petterson in last 5 minutes. He is the calmest, smartest, best conditioned forward team has. Our forwards are consistently hemmed in and out of breath. Petterson always has more energy to give and will pressure the puck. He would be the team's best penalty killer if used though I would not be excited about him blocking shots. Still he needs to be used in defensive zone and he should never miss a shift even if he starts on the wing in own zone.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
I think the real question is will Markstrom even be ready to go? He didn’t even dress yesterday. I’m inclined to think that whatever is ailing him might not be remedied in the next 48 hours.

I don't think the fact that he didn't dress is necessarily an indication of his ability to play. I would think that Green realized he was pretty worn down and needed a break and that if he was the back up and needed to be put in more than likely the series was over anyways so why not let him get the night off completely.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him back in Game #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad