GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
What a shocker, the Nucks playing the league hates us victim card.....

Zadorov seems to be a bit too emotional, especially during the games. Does anyone else gets vibes that he may do something stupid if the score gets out of hands?
No, that’s not what was said at all…
He said “I don’t make enough to be cared about by player safety…”

I don’t think anyone here can agree that he’s wrong

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
You mean the puck went in the net but no way to prove it? Consider the Nucks lucky in game 3.
4 posts and Oilers were dominating. If Skinner didn't suck, the outcome would be completely different.
1715724635430.png

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
The lack of humility from fan bases when they go up a game in a series is hilarious to me.

Vancouver fans are riding high - trashing the Oilers all over...like they don't realize that McDavid could at any point take over this series in a way nobody on their team could even hope to.

Have a little respect and humility so that you don't end up looking like complete jack asses on the chance that this series doesn't go the way you seem to think it is right now.

You won a game in Edmonton - but lost one at home. I don't see much to get excited about.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Hyenamen is going to wish he got suspended for crosschecking Zadorov...

:popcorn:

The lack of humility from fan bases when they go up a game in a series is hilarious to me.

Vancouver fans are riding high - trashing the Oilers all over...like they don't realize that McDavid could at any point take over this series in a way nobody on their team could even hope to.

Have a little respect and humility so that you don't end up looking like complete jack asses on the chance that this series doesn't go the way you seem to think it is right now.

You won a game in Edmonton - but lost one at home. I don't see much to get excited about.

I've said over and over that the series is far from over and you can't write McDavid off.

That said, it doesn't mean you can't have some fun with chirps and bantz.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022

This all started when Edmonton cheered against Vancouver in 2011. It is less about the games and more about Edmonton being salty haters.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Getting the neck snapped back from a cross check to the head is not equivalent to the examples you’re providing.

You can disagree with that - but peddling more than that and saying “FaCTs” doesn’t make it any less of a conspiracy.

Although this doesn’t surprise anyone since it’s been happening before the series got underway.
You keep referring to Tochett and his words before the series as some conspiracy, when in reality he never once said it has been an issue from one team in particular. He clearly said league wide.

As for the Soucy incedant I'm fine with him getting a game despite it clearly being an accident as far as where the stick ended up.
But how can you sit here with a straight face and say that he deserves punishment yet Hyman who clearly intended to hit Zadorov in the face and did resulting in Zadorov needing stitches somehow doesnt deserve punishment?
A stick to the face is a stick to the face right? They were both retaliation from the same sequence of events and both should have been given the same penalty.

Reactions: EVDV

Burt Macklin

Oct 9, 2018
Nnnyyyyaaaa ok maybe 1
Anyway anyone wants to look at altercation it comes down to this -

Soucy & McD engage
Z comes in as third entity. Period.

Hit from behind
Intent to injure
Etc etc etc.
If either had intented to injure, McDavid would not be playing game 4

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada

You clearly haven't been here for the entire season of Nucks vs Oilers. We probably hate each other more than any other fan base at the moment.

If they took their losses early in the season with some humility and didn't make 100 different excuses while trashing us. "Lucky, PDO, Wasn't trying, Canucks will still miss the post season, We are going to trade places in the standings." ect. We would not be riding them near as hard. But it is what it is. And its been fun.

Edit : My favorite one " Easiest path to the WCF ever " .

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Can’t complain about reffing tonight, both teams have favourable stats with tonights crew

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It's funny how oiler fans don't grasp that if the goal was awarded then Hronek wouldn't have gotten a penalty erasing the pp goal and the score still would have been 3-2.
I want to know when this disallowed goal happened? A shot was saved and not called a goal on the ice only to be reviewed and still called a no goal. That’s a save not a disallowed goal. You can tell with 100% certainty that it wasn’t across the line

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So here is something I wanted to discuss with you lovely people.

Coaching philosophies. I was listening to the Oilers coach, and he was asked multiple times about physicality, hits, intensity, and tenacity.

He was asked if it’s overrated, if it’s not a big indicator, etc.

His answer surprised me. In multiple interviews, he basically said that it’s not a good gauge. Physicality is overblown, and hits especially mean nothing. Go back and listen to three of his last four interviews; he goes in-depth on this.

In contrast, the Canucks coach keeps talking about physicality, intensity, how players have to be strong on the puck, need to hit hard, forecheck hard, and how it’s an incredibly important gauge to see and match teams' intensities or dictate your own.

He said that if you’re playing hard, you’re naturally going to hit more, which usually is a good indicator of how hard you’re working for that specific game.

So my question to you guys is: which style/opinion do you believe in more?
I prefer the ideals of my own team!

Although I should point out that although the Canucks have the physical edge, the Oilers haven't been passive in that category. I feel the Oilers must continue to have the edge in puck possession and chances. If we give up that edge in favor of winning the physical war, then we are done imo

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
4 posts and 1 disallowed goal
Posts are often hit because there is no room on the actual net. So saying that a post being hit means it was somehow a mistake by the goalie is false, especially on posts hit on attempts that are 1on1, the goalie didn't get beat because a post was hit.
As for the dis- allowed goal, you understand how delayed penalties work right? Even if the puck was in (inconclusive) they wouldn't have scored a minute later on the pp.

Quit making up false narratives.
The truth is you guys generated nothing 5on5 despite lots of low danger shots the nucks were purposely giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad