GDT: [WCSF GAME 4] | Edmonton Oilers vs Anaheim Ducks | 5.03.17 | 8:00PM | SN | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Time to shorten the bench, forwards are the easy part: no RNH, Eberle. Defense would be hard as the 2nd and 3rd pairings are a dumpster fire right now, oh how I wish Klef and Larsson could play 60 minutes a game...

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I hate when people say that the Oilers just need to pull it together and beat the refs and the other team. Yeah, you're right - but considering how this happens almost every single ****ing game, do you realize how exhausting that has to be on this team? The refs have actively worked their way into 80% of our games to make sure the other team has a "fair chance," and we never receive the same treatment.

Say what you want - tinfoil hat ****, but we're getting screwed and I don't blame our team for lacking the energy to deal with this again.

Lord know the Ducks haven't faced anything like this.

Don't lay down and let the refs beat you. Take the frustration out on the Ducks.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I hate when people say that the Oilers just need to pull it together and beat the refs and the other team. Yeah, you're right - but considering how this happens almost every single ****ing game, do you realize how exhausting that has to be on this team? The refs have actively worked their way into 80% of our games to make sure the other team has a "fair chance," and we never receive the same treatment.

Say what you want - tinfoil hat ****, but we're getting screwed and I don't blame our team for lacking the energy to deal with this again.

Lord know the Ducks haven't faced anything like this.

It's brutal. Every ****ing game.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
You know what? I have hated Eberle for a long time but rather than trade him for a face off in the other teams end I would give him the summer. He has for sure got the message. If you can get something decent take it.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
You know what? I have hated Eberle for a long time but rather than trade him for a face off in the other teams end I would give him the summer. He has for sure got the message. If you can get something decent take it.

He's not going to magically stop making bone headed plays. Dude is who he is. I can't see him back next year.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
let's be real here though. The horrible call was the first goal against. The second goal was awful, but only because our challenge was stolen on the first goal. It was a thin margin on the offside that is reasonable for a ref to miss.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Why no McDavid after the icing? Maybe Kassian can put a spark in the oilers game inn the third.

GO :edmonton GO!

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
that one BS call turned the game around

It did and I'm not going to argue against that, but the way the Oilers were playing it was going to happen one way or another. This is the crucial point of the series, overcome this and they can win the series in five, lose this and I feel they lose in 6.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
let's be real here though. The horrible call was the first goal against. The second goal was awful, but only because our challenge was stolen on the first goal. It was a thin margin on the offside that is reasonable for a ref to miss.

They wouldn't have called that back, they've let worse go against the Oil this year. First goal is a great example of that. You are right, no ref would call that play offside in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad