GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Fair enough. I didn't actually see the first tonight so I was just going off hearsay.

What I will say is that if the Oilers need to ride their top forwards this much to get past the canucks, it doesn't bode well for future rounds (both in quality of competition and energy levels of their top players).

You can probably get away with riding a McDavid a few more minutes a night if you get a bit of rest at the end of the series, or if some of that is PP time. To me i'd more worry about Draisaitl and Hyman. McDavid could probably play 30 minutes a night and be perfectly fine, his skating and cardio is on another level. Everyone else is human though.

If this series goes 7 and Dallas Colorado ends in 5 though, winner is in deeper trouble.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hughes would get more calls if he'd stop bailing on hits. He's turning away from contact a lot and I think as soon as the refs see that they put the onus on him.

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
Canucks bitching about a missed high stick penalty as if the exact same thing didn't happen to Hyman at the end of the 1st period.

Or how about the missed too many men call on the Zadorov goal?

lol if anyone could possibly think the Canucks got the short end of the stick on officiating.
Do you have a clip of this? It keeps getting referenced, but I didn't see any high stick.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
I know he scored on the PP, but Elias Pettersson is by far the least intimidating star player on the Canucks roster so far. Feels like a complete no-factor in 5vs5 playoff hockey, just knocked off the puck and on his ass every shift.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
As a non-couver fan, can I get a quick rundown on this 'Sutherland' fellow?

You mean the guy from Vancouver?

1715406712980.png

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
How did the Oilers get screwed by the refs?

the too many men on Zadorovs goal was bad, they missed one on the Oil too in the 3rd

also didn't love them letting Myers put Hyman in a full on headlock behind the net when Silovs lost control of the puck

they had just called Hyman a few plays prior to that for holding a stick for 0.5 seconds then let that shit go.

cant believe Edmonton didnt score there, huge block by Miller

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Hughes would get more calls if he'd stop bailing on hits. He's turning away from contact a lot and I think as soon as the refs see that they put the onus on him.
You might be right that he would get more calls, but he would also probably be injured and not playing right now. I don't know if advising perhaps the most elusive player in the league to just "take the hits" is the most intelligent comment I've read lately.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Oilers deserved the win tonight. No doubt about that they made it look like a 10-min PP at one point in the third. McDavid was head and shoulders the best player on the ice.

Silovs was solid. The Canucks should have gotten more pucks on net and crashed it considering how Skinner again was the 2nd best goalie on the ice. But they kept throwing it into corners - wasting efforts. Miller looked pretty tired at times. Sucks for Cole on the own goal - he's been awful both games. It took a lucky bounce despite all the skill.

Battle was good for both teams. Ref was atrocious tonight on the missed Hughes but both teams got away with shots and embellishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad