GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I know the knives will be out for Cole but if you saw Juulsen's one playoff game, you know Cole will be right back in. His physicality still has value. Poor Noah doesn't have much..

Reactions: Summer Rose

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Law of averages. Edmonton was going to get the split. We weren't going to win 7 games in a row anyway vs them.

Did the Oilers really though ? What does the deserve o meter say ?
Based on first 2 periods, Vancouver was the better team
Based on 3rd period, Edmonton was the better team.

Myers/Cole essentially lost this one

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Oilers finally beat us & it's Ian Cole scoring against his own team..

Oilers really turned it on in the 2nd half of the third. It's a 1 line team but they are a difficult line to stop.

Hopefully the refs don't fall for anymore McDiving, onto game 3, GG Oilers!
Mcdiving should be getting about 2 or 3x the calls he actually receives, so if he steals a rare call it hasn't even made up for the 10-20 they ignored on him.

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
Oilers utterly dominant from the 3rd period onwards, and full marks for the win. Vancouver couldn't even get out of their own zone, even with the Oilers 3rd line on.

Can Edmonton keep riding McDavid this hard? If so, I can see why people were saying sweep/Oil in 5.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Call McDavid high stick Canucks get 4 min poweplay they probably score at least 1 .Refs can change games in a blink

There was a dozen calls either way that could have been called. Getting into a PP fest with Edmonton is not going to make the score closer or in Vancouver's favor. I think everyone agrees just no more Sutherland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad