Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
soooo... what you're saying is basically when the Avs control the matchups they have great success and not so much when they don't :laugh:
Ya exactly, because they lack team depth and are a one line offence. The effect of line matchups gets diminished the more depth a team has. The Jets have it, the Avs dont. Understand now?

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
My favourite team vs my 2nd favourite team. I voted Avs in 4 because that’s what I’ve done the last two years. I’m 2 for 5. Lol

The Avs couldn’t beat Seattle last year. Is this Avs team better than last year? Probably, but this Jets team is much better than Seattle.

I’m going to say Winnipeg in 6. Colorado will take a couple of their home games. Maybe one on the road, if the Jets are nervous in front of that Winnipeg Playoff crowd.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
My favourite team vs my 2nd favourite team. I voted Avs in 4 because that’s what I’ve done the last two years. I’m 2 for 5. Lol

The Avs couldn’t beat Seattle last year. Is this Avs team better than last year? Probably, but this Jets team is much better than Seattle.

I’m going to say Winnipeg in 6. Colorado will take a couple of their home games. Maybe one on the road, if the Jets are nervous in front of that Winnipeg Playoff crowd.
Winnipeg is kinda a better Seattle huh. Like Seattle with a goalie that can win by himself.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
I think the jets could prevail here. But Colorado’s big boys could easily propel them past anyone.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
There are probably four, and at least three players on Colorado who are better than any Jet players. It would be stupid to deny this.
After that, however, there are about 20 Jet players who are as good as, or better than every Colorado player after their top four. I'm exaggerating, but not by all that much. Underestimate the Jets talent at your own peril.
The Jets, when playing their best, play a game that no one has been able to beat this season. During November and December, when they went 34 games without giving up more than three goals, there wasn't a team in the league that could beat them in a seven game series. Not one. If that Jets team shows up for the playoffs they will be very, very tough for anyone to beat.
On the other hand, the Jets have had a couple of streaks when they haven't played their best, and when that happens, quite literally anyone can beat them. Anyone. So the question is which Jets team shows up. If it's the good Jets, they win the series no matter how well Colorado plays. The combination of an incredible defensive system and possibly the best depth in the league makes them unbeatable.
I just don't know if that will be the Jets team that shows up. That's why I'm not making a prediction.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
There are probably four, and at least three players on Colorado who are better than any Jet players. It would be stupid to deny this.
After that, however, there are about 20 Jet players who are as good as, or better than every Colorado player after their top four. I'm exaggerating, but not by all that much. Underestimate the Jets talent at your own peril.
The Jets, when playing their best, play a game that no one has been able to beat this season. During November and December, when they went 34 games without giving up more than three goals, there wasn't a team in the league that could beat them in a seven game series. Not one. If that Jets team shows up for the playoffs they will be very, very tough for anyone to beat.
On the other hand, the Jets have had a couple of streaks when they haven't played their best, and when that happens, quite literally anyone can beat them. Anyone. So the question is which Jets team shows up. If it's the good Jets, they win the series no matter how well Colorado plays. The combination of an incredible defensive system and possibly the best depth in the league makes them unbeatable.
I just don't know if that will be the Jets team that shows up. That's why I'm not making a prediction.

The Jets have 20 guys that are better than Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Mittelstadt and Drouin? Gonna have some serious doubts about that one.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
The Jets have 20 guys that are better than Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Mittelstadt and Drouin? Gonna have some serious doubts about that one.
Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Mittelstadt and Drouin are all fine players. I never said they weren't any good. But you know who else are fine players? Almost the entire Jets team.
You should note that I said there were about 20 Jets who were as good as or better than the Avalanche after their top four. In the case of the four you mentioned, it's obviously "as good as" and not "better".
I stand by what I said - if the "good" Jets show up, they win the series, possibly quite quickly and decisively. If the "bad" Jets show up, they lose badly, and possibly get embarrassed.
I have no idea which Jets will show up.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Mittelstadt and Drouin are all fine players. I never said they weren't any good. But you know who else are fine players? Almost the entire Jets team.
You should note that I said there were about 20 Jets who were as good as or better than the Avalanche after their top four. In the case of the four you mentioned, it's obviously "as good as" and not "better".
I stand by what I said - if the "good" Jets show up, they win the series, possibly quite quickly and decisively. If the "bad" Jets show up, they lose badly, and possibly get embarrassed.
Man Jets fans get home ice in the first round and suddenly turn into an All Star team. I think the jets will win but damn, if they don’t, this post will get bumped again and again and again and again and you’ll disappear.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Man Jets fans get home ice in the first round and suddenly turn into an All Star team. I think the jets will win but damn, if they don’t, this post will get bumped again and again and again and again and you’ll disappear.
Nah, they're not an All Star team, but neither are all of the guys you mentioned. And I won't disappear, because we're just a bunch of people talking smack, and none of us...myself included...know squat about what we're talking about. That's the fun part of being a sports fan. Any idiot can join in, and most do.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Nichushkin's 0.96ppg would be first on the Jets btw.. I'd say that's a little bit better than fine, and clearly there aren't 20 guys as good as him.

Last edited:

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
You didn't say that only Scheifele was better/as good as those guys. You said 20.
This is getting boring.
Bottom line:
  • Colorado's top four players are better than anyone on the Jets, and it's not really even close.
  • Jets have vastly better depth than Colorado, and again, it's not really even close. Possibly the best third and fourth lines in the league.
  • Colorado is more explosive than the Jets.
  • Jets are better defensively than Colorado.
  • The "good" Jets beat Colorado quite easily.
  • The "bad" Jets get beaten by Colorado, quite easily.
I hope it's an entertaining series.

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
This is getting boring.
Bottom line:
  • Colorado's top four players are better than anyone on the Jets, and it's not really even close.
  • Jets have vastly better depth than Colorado, and again, it's not really even close. Possibly the best third and fourth lines in the league.
  • Colorado is more explosive than the Jets.
  • Jets are better defensively than Colorado.
  • The "good" Jets beat Colorado quite easily.
  • The "bad" Jets get beaten by Colorado, quite easily.
I hope it's an entertaining series.
What about Colorado’s “good” team.

In the 2022 playoffs, Nuke, Lehkonen, and Toews all played out their gawd damn minds.( along with Kadri and Byram)

If the Avs get those 3 performances again along with the other big 3, they’re going to be tough to beat.

and if someone can just convince Georgiev that he’s playing every game agains the Rangers.. we might just see another cup run this year.

A lot to ask, but at least the potential is there.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
There was a rumor where that series could be starting on Monday. When will we know when it's starting Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad